*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2048441-A-Being-of-Two-Worlds---Wet-Dark-Night
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Sci-fi · #2048441
Will Riankah be able to make her way through a strange and alien culture?

Riankah huddled amidst the bushes her small form and dark purple coloring camouflaging her in the night. The rain was coming down steadily obscuring the smoke from the wreckage that lay only a few yards from where she sat hidden.

She sensed the men before she heard them, five or six of them, but more on the way. They seemed interested in the wreck; she hoped they were going to save her mother. However, they did not seem all that interested in the inside of the vessel, mostly they were exploring the outside and now they were just walking around. It made no sense to Riankah, but her mother had said men were a strange creature and so it would seem they were.

One of the men saw a set of small foot prints under the spacecraft as if something had escaped.
“Joe look here.” He motioned to the team leader.

“Hmm…, spread out find it.”

Riankah tensed, one of the men was coming close, they were not supposed to make contact that was one of the rules mother had, they were just supposed to look, but not touch.

Mike could not believe what he was seeing, there in the bushes was an actual alien and young at that or maybe these aliens were just small. She, he thought it was a she, was so small and purple and that tail, he wondered if she even walked on two legs.

“Come here, I won’t hurt you, come on out,” he motioned with his hands.

Riankah studied the man, not sure what language he was speaking the translator chip she had did not seem to be functioning as quickly as it should, but he seemed to want her to come out.

“Trianjah?” she asked.

Or at least that’s what Mike thought she said, “You’re just going to have to trust me, because I can’t understand you, okay. Come on, darling I won’t hurt you.” He said, ignoring the obvious question in that one word.

She looked at the crouching man and decided that her mother would probably want her to go with him. She crawled out of the bushes, oblivious to the fact that she now had mud all over her legs and hands. Riankah walked over to the man and allowed him to pick her up.

“I’m Mike, who are you?” He said pointing to himself several times, holding her with one arm.

“I’m Riankah.” She replied the accent apparent.

“Riankah, how old are you?” Mike asked hoping she could understand

Riankah thought for a moment trying to make sense of what the trans-chip was telling her, “I’m three seasons; I will be four next cycle.”

“Okay, very good. Are you still a child?”

“Yes, until my seventeenth season.” She nodded her head glad she could remember what her mother had told her on her third birthday.

“Good, good. You landed in the United States and we are going to take care of you, okay?”

“Okay. What about my mother?” Riankah asked tears streaming down her cheeks.

“We will find her.” He smiled at her, clutching the small child and then walked back to where Joe was standing.

“You found one.”

“Riankah, sir. She’s a child, three seasons, by her estimation. This could be the start of something sir.”

“If your right Mike it could be the beginning of nursemaid duties for you Mike.”

“Why? I figured just drop her off at base…”

“Mike look,” Joe nodded toward Riankah who had fallen asleep snuggled against Mike’s shoulder.

“They are going to want her cooperative, she’s responded well to you, believe me they are going to make you her handler.”

“This doesn’t mean anything, I just found her, beside I have no scientific training.”

“Uh huh, keep telling yourself that. See you back at base… dad.”
© Copyright 2015 Ferretparent (ferretparent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2048441-A-Being-of-Two-Worlds---Wet-Dark-Night