*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2049168-The-Bandit-and-the-Dictator-Finale
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Action/Adventure · #2049168
It's time for the finale.Matthew storms the Hyperion base to rescue Larisa and fight Jack.
The Bandit and the dictator
This story is based on the borderlands series and is set between borderlands the pre-sequel and borderlands 2
all characters in story except myself Matthew the characters girlfriend Larisa and his brother garial are owned by
Gearbox Software
Aspire Media (OS X, Linux)
Iron Galaxy Studios (PlayStation Vita)
2K Games
Take-Two Interactive
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Chapter 4 part 2: THE FINAL BATTLE,A WEAPONS LAST STAND

I headed to the terminal in hq so Rachel could find out where Larisa is sooner than later.

"I've found something."

"What is it?"

"The order was made on the night you fought Gabrial."

"The what's the details?"

"As soon as the stockade was attacked to launch a heavy assult on Sanctuary as most likely the best solders would be attacking the Stockade, Priority of mission is to capture Larisa Steele as her latent siren powers are of use."

"They're after her because of her hidden siren powers."

"Where is she?"

"In a Hyperion base in hero's past,She was to be contained in a cell as Jack had to use her powers for something."

"For what?"

"It doesn't say."

"It will be to charge the vault key."

"The vault key? the vault was destroyed wasn't it."

"Yes but I've heard rumours of Jack finding a second vault."

"In hero's pass?"

"Possibly."

"I'm going."

"What."

"I'm bringing Larisa home...have zed ready to treat any medical wounds she has."

"Jack needs her alive."

"Gabrial won't care...I'll contact you once I find her."

"Matthew wait!!!"

"Roland!!!"

"He can't go alone Lilith,tell zed to get ready to operate if necessary."

"...ok just come back to me."

"I will"

I ran to the fast travel, Rachel has hero's pass fast travel co-ordinates.I then got ready. I was thrown immediately into combat.

"Rachel how many?"

"I can't tell the heat is messing with my scanners."

"Damn...Roland?"

"You think I'd let you go alone?"

"We've got hostiles on all sides."

"Just like the first time we rescued Larisa."

"Yeah but this time McCloud isn't here."

"That's where you wrong."

"Cloud?"

"Lilith told me, I'm here because of my debt to Steele. I will help get Lilith safe. That and I owe you for saving me infact we all owe you."

"we?"

That's when they came through over 300 lance soldiers.

"They've come to repay what the owe to you."

"Thanks, LET'S SAVE LARISA STEELE AND END JACK'S REIGHN!!! CHARGE!!!!"

what looked hopeless has turned hopeful. The lance are far superior to Jack's soldiers, a huge battle has began.

"Come on let's push on through. They're lance,they can handle this."

"Right, if we do this and get Larisa home safely, I'll owe you for eternity."

"Yeah Let's go."

Myself,Roland and McCloud stormed through the battle field into the main facility when the path split in three.

"Tyipical. Should we split up?"

"Yeah we need to get to Larisa, I'll take the middle."

"I'll take right."

"That leaves me with left"

"ok keep your com on tell us if you find her."

"got it."

I headed down my path. I took the correct path and found Larisa. she's alive but barley,she was covered in blood, her bones sticking out,her face smacked in. the site brought me to tears.

"M...Mathew...I knew you would come."

"Larisa, what did they do to you...Guy's I've found her."

"how bad is it?"

"She's alive but, hurt badly."

"we're on our way."

Roland and McCloud rushed to my location and saw her in that state. McCloud puked and Roland was in tears to.

"just what did they do to you miss Steele?"

"It ain't that bad is it? Gabrial did this."

"Gabrial...THAT BASTARD!!!"

"He did this?"

"Yes he said he wanted me to suffer before He killed me infront pf Matthew."

"Yes and Now I'm back just to do that."

"Get her out of here."

"but..."

"NOW ROLAND, CLOUD GET HER OUT OF HERE NOW!!!"

"Matthew..."

"I'll be right behind you. I promise."

"Please...come back I need you."

"You need a doctor right now more."

Carrying the crippled Larisa. Roland and McCloud left through the fast travel nearby. I shot in with a corrosive revolver.

"I'm sorry Larisa but I can't leave yet, Gabrial...I'll kill you."

"Well bring it on."

I didn't care for Gabrial no more. he may be my brother but I see there is no saving him. I had no reason to hold back It didn't take much to break his sword and then his arms.

"I'll do to you what you did to Larisa. starting with your arms."

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!. BROTHER PLEASE!!!..."

"SHE BEGGED YOU TO STOP DIDN'T SHE? YOU DIDN'T LISTEN TO HER, WHY SHOULD I LISTEN TO YOU!!! NOW YOUR OTHER ARM!!!"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!"

"NOW FOR YOUR LEGS!!!"

"AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!"

"HOW ABOUT I BREAK YOUR RIBS NOW?"

"please...no more."

"why? you've done this to so many others."

"Don't become me..."

"...I'm sorry brother."

"I know I deserve this but your better than this."

"I'm not..."

"Your not, you wouldn't have saved her if you was."

"Your right. I'll get you back we'll fix you up get you back into the hospital. I'll make you the old you."

"I'm a lost cause, your not. Give me a mercyful death,I know I don't deserve it but don't go down my path. don't become me, one of me is enough of this monster. just promise me something, Jackck is a monster like me. Please end his pain too."

"Brother...I promise I'll never go down this path and I'll stop jack."

My anger had become sorrow. the unexpected pep talk from Gabrial had me upset more. he used what humanity left to stop me being like him. I will confront Jack.

They'd be in sanctuary by now. I need to communicate with them.

"Roland it's me, Gabrial's dead."

"Matthew? thank god."

"Is she ok?"

"Zed said she'll recover, her wounds seem purposely non fatal. Her blood loss isn't much. he needed to amputate her limbs though, she's got cybernetic replacements though."

"can I speak to her?"

"Yeah sure."

"Matthew...where are you?"

"Still in hero's pass,Gabrial is dead."

"Come back then."

"I can't."

"why can't you come back?"

"The base is sealed and the fast travel got destroyed."

"What now then?"

"The only other fast travel is in Jack's office."

"You don't mean..."

"I need to kill jack to come back."

"Promise me you will come back."

"I'll try to."

I cut off the comunication. I ran to the office. Jack was waiting for me in his chair.

"So we finally meet face to face, The notorious Bandit Matthew Shepherd."

"I may be aBandit but your a Dictator. You've Slaughterd thousands for what? not everyone on pandora is a crook,or a murderor. They're people wanting to try colony life. You've killed innocent lives."

"No one's innocent, You've killed as many people as me."

"I've never took a civilian's life. That's what separates you from me."

"Being soft...gets you killed."

Jack launched at me, he was stronger than expected. he was using tech to boost his physical capabilitys in the end of this struggle. he was down and I had a revolver to his head.

"It's over Jack."

"I guess it is."

I didn't give him a chance to say another word. I shot him point blank but his head sparked with electricity.

"It's a robot!!!"

"That's right Kiddo. I'm not him, you like my robot?"

"You Fucking coward, face me."

WARNING SELF DESTRUCTION ACTIVATED LOCKING ALL FAST TRAVEL HUBS, SELF DESTRUCTION IN TWO MINUTES!!!

"Checkmate."

"You bastard."

"See ya kiddo."

"Rachel is there a way out?"

"I'm sorry Matthew, There is no way out of this room other that the fast travel and there is no power. I'll try to get power but It's unlikely."

"I see."

I put rachel in the computer and prepared to say my possibly last farewell.

"It's me, Larisa can you hear me?"

"Yeah where are you?"

"In the office I can't leave. the base is in self destruct count down. I can't leave. no matter what."

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying this is goodbye Larisa."

"SELF DESTRUCT IN ONE MINUTE"

"We'll find a way, We'll..."

"It's too late, I love you Larisa..."

"I love...you too."

"SELF DESTRUCT IN TEN...NIN...EIGHT..."

"It's been fun, I'll always love you Matthew."

"I love you to, promise me you'll stop jack."

"we will. Matthew."

"Good bye My love."

"SELF DESTRUCT IN THREE...TWO...ONE...ZERO"

In my last moment all I can say is...

"I'm sorry Larisa..."

"Matthew...MATTHEW!!!"

"he's gone Larisa."

"NOOOO!!! ,he promised he'd come back to me."

"I know Larisa, I know."

"Matthew died trying to stop Jack, we'll do his dying wish. We will kill Jack."

"How can I go on without him?"

"You keep going for him,he would want you to keep going for him."

"I guess your right."

"That bastard will pay, he's somewhere and we will kill him."

"Jack...You will answer for this, one day you'll be beging us for mercy. I promise you that Matthew. In your name I promise you he'll pay."

So ends this Tale of one mans story of trying to stop Handsome Jack. The tale of one of the greatest hero's is passed down on pandora. he may not have completed his mission but he faced death without fear, he over came his demons and faced death like a hero. In his teary end he had saved his friends and left hope on Pandora, he kept the strongest of the lance alive, with there help 3 years later 4 new Vault hunters apeared and with the lance stopped Jack and ended hyperion. His legacy is he helped The raiders survive and Provide a sad yet insprational tale of fighting and dying for the right cause.
© Copyright 2015 Gameguy (n7warrior09 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2049168-The-Bandit-and-the-Dictator-Finale