*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2049351-A-Blank-Canvas
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Teen · #2049351
(Just extracts at the moment!)
EXTRACT

"I didn't get your name, did I?" he sighed, tilting his head to the left almost inquisitively whilst balancing his thick, black, geeky glasses on the very edge of his nose.

"Sora." I giggled. "Sora Koizumi."

"Sora...Sora...Hm..."

His mind was clearly wondering wildly, debating thought after thought as he found his fingers twirling through his light, strawberry blonde, shambling mess of hair.

"Erm... Is there something wrong?"

"Hm? Oh no, of course not! I'm just very bad at remembering names, you see. But don't worry. I won't forget yours."

"And why's that?"

He gazed out of the window, his eyes compressed with what I assumed to be tranquillity.

"Well, it's such a beautiful name, you see..."

"Oh, thanks so much!" I smiled politely as my pale, white skin turned a dark shade of pink. "So what's your name?"

"Me? I'm Connor Amare. Nice to-"

"Nope! His name is Poncho!"

He growled pathetically before turning around to face a girl who looked slightly shorter than him. She wore a pair of light blue denim shorts and a long-sleeved, burgundy shirt reading "GEEK" in bold, black lettering. Also, her blonde-ish brown hair, draping just below her shoulders, was pinned to one side by several stylish clips holding it in place. Her light, hazel brown eyes looked a lot like Connor's, yet contrasted with her overall appearance very well.

"Avril..."

"Yup! The one and only!"

"Don't call me Poncho!"

"K, Poncho!"

"Stop it!"

"Stop what?"

"Never mind!"

"K, Poncho!"

He growled again in aggravation as the temperature slowly began to rise in his face.

"Stop calling me that!"

"It's not my fault you're always wearing a poncho, Poncho!"

"Shut up!"

"You think your so smart just because you're older!"

"And more responsible!"

I laughed, having finally figured it out.

"Are you to siblings?" I asked. "Wow, you look so alike!"

"No we don't!" they yelled simultaneously.
© Copyright 2015 Slug Bug (slugbug at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2049351-A-Blank-Canvas