*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2049391-Imposter
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Darby
Rated: E · Draft · Emotional · #2049391
Wrote this while thinking about a particular person.....
Imposter
I was always there when you needed me. You would smile and say itâs going to be all right. Then you would quickly change the subject back onto yourself because, clearly, I didnât deserve the spotlight on me. I now know why you would never help me with my problems. You were an imposter. A snake in the grass, sneaking up onto their innocent prey drawing them in with words of sugar secretly coated with venom. All the things you said to me, you never meant them so much as I would return them to you and tell you how amazing and great you were and actually mean what I say. An imposter that is pretending to care about me no longer exists because I was the smart prey and didnât get tangled in the venomous words that whispered out of your snake like mouth into my ears. I was different.

© Copyright 2015 Darby (18glennd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2049391-Imposter