*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2049577-The-House
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #2049577
it is an attempted horror story

The house
The man was driving his car in pouring rains. It had been raining for 3-4 hours and he had been driving for last 1.5 hours on a deserted stretch of the highway. Suddenly his wipers stopped moving and he was forced to come to a halt...he sat inside the car for some time trying to get his bearings...in a distance he saw an old house with a solitary light in the attic...he decided to get out of his car and ask for help in the house...he got out of the car, grabbing a screwdriver as his protection, in case it was needed...since he didn't carry any umbrella he took off his coat and held it up as protection against the rains, and made a dash for the house...as he reached nearer he could see that the house was in urgent need of repairs with many wooden planks being either rotted or broken off from their original places...but this was not a thing to think about at this moment...now his only concern being to ask for help inside...as he reached the door , he was totally drenched inspite of the protective coat...he could not see any doorbell but could make out an old rusted bolt, which he banged on...he waited but there was no response, hence he banged again...this time he heard a rustling sound inside and suddenly the door creaked slightly open...he pushed at the door and the door opened with a whining sound...as he peeped inside, he could see...no one! Still he went in, furtively looking to his right...then left...but no one...and suddenly his life drained out of him, his legs giving way , hands shivering...for near the opposite wall was a...White towel!!...the darkness of the house, and the white towel on the hanger on the wall made the towel look like a fluttering ghosts...but actually it was the towel fluttering in the wind coming through the open door...as his breathing eased , he reached for the towel and started wiping himself dry. As soon as he covered his face with the towel, while wiping his hair, the towel suddenly started tightening itself around his neck...he struggled to free himself, his neck straining to free itself...but in his struggle his neck got a sudden backward jerk...breaking the carotid artery and the face falling to the side...blood coming out of his mouth, his life draining away and in the last seconds he felt...the raindrops falling on him!...the next day, the police found a car at that spot where the man had left it, to go into the house...the man himself was lying dead @500 meters away, with his neck broken....for long distance near the car, there was no shelter where anyone could stay...yes there was no house in the vicinity at all...police reported that this was the 10th such death at that very spot...and there are no clues available why these deaths keep happening almost every monsoon...guys, do you have any clues...

© Copyright 2015 t_yatin (t_yatin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2049577-The-House