*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2049810-WHEN-I-WILL-BECOME-A-PARENT
Rated: E · Article · Other · #2049810
I want to give my daughter all those things, I desired from my mother.

Disclaimer: Parenting is not an easy task
Just born
When the doctor handed me my first ‘little’ daughter, I felt mesmerized. When her cute little finger held my finger, it felt like utopia. When I looked into her big black eyes, I forgot those 48 hours of labor pain and exhaustion. I felt COMPLETE.
8 months later
Today, she took her first step that too without support. She is very naughty. My heart skips a beat every time she falls. I realized, this is just the beginning. She will fall many times in future too, I have to make sure that I will be there for her and if not, I will make her capable to fight her own battle.
She is 3 years old
It is her first day in play school, this is going to be the first time I am leaving my daughter alone for 3 hours. I was anxious and nervous. These three hours were like a battle for me, I went to pick her up and she gave me a wonderful smile. Her teacher praised her, I felt proud. this was the time I realized how my parents would have felt every time I was not in front of their eyes.
Yeah! She is going to school
Tomorrow it is going to be her first day in school. I am very excited. I told her basic things like good and bad touch, how important is to do your homework and many more. I had this thing clear in my mind that I want my daughter to enjoy her childhood, unlike her grandmother and her mother. I don’t want her to stay at the house and make her own stupid games like her mother did. Every evening I take her to the park so that she knows how to be social and learn some basic traits like team building, coordination etc through games. At the same time, I keep my eye on her.
Periods and changes
She is 12 now, her body might undergo some changes. She came to me yesterday, she was anxious and confused and told me that her friend was bleeding. It is the time. I told her about the changes that will take place in her body and how naturally these changes are. Oh, I still remember when I got my first period my mother took me to my cousin’s place and she told me about it. I know how important is the concept of sex education. So, I taught her about a danger of having sex at the early age and communicable diseases.
She must break the stereotype
One day, she came home crying. she had a fight with a boy, and that boy told her that “ Girls are weak”. I told her that this is just a societal stereotype which is running since ages and you have to break it. No one is physically weak, we have been taught wrong . I showed her some inspiring videos, after that she demanded to join self-defense classes.
I want to make my girl strong.
College life
She was very nervous, I told her about my first college experience and how I made friends. Then, I gave her a beautiful dress which I bought with as a present, for a new start. She hugged me and said “ Mama, you are the best”.

She was shattered, because of her first heartbreak. That time I gifted her some valuable books and told her to channelize her energy in the good direction. As she is a terrific dancer, I told her to find solace in it. Though she hates it, but I put a sticky at her cupboard saying-“ you are never as broken as you think. You surely have some scars and a couple of bad memories, but then again all great people do”.
It is her day
She is getting married. I really love her, it is like a part of my body is ripping apart and the pain is incurable. I held her hand and said-“ Marriage is a union between two souls. I know you both know each other for quite a long time, but when you will start living with each other, things would be different. Beta, this is not your own life, by this I mean your decisions may affect people in your life. But that does not mean you stop living your life, but try to maintain a balance. Love each other. You should love his family as you love yours. Feel free to share your problems. And darling, this is your home, come whenever you want.
© Copyright 2015 khushboo (khushboonegi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2049810-WHEN-I-WILL-BECOME-A-PARENT