*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2050015-Snowflakes
Rated: E · Essay · Environment · #2050015
Reflection on how the entity of a snowflake can touch other aspects of our lives
Snowflakes

A snowflake is as fresh as can be
as far as the eye can see
its light and fair
with a regal air
as it arrives on the glossy runway...

A snowflake is like no other…its shape, design, number of sides are as individual as your fingerprints and mine. Its movement as it falls gently from the icy heavens is graceful, yet its existence, much like life itself, is ephemeral. For as soon as it hits the ground, it either becomes a part of the meaningless, bland nature’s wintry carpet or dies all together in the form of a melted droplet. Its individuality and delicate form then fade into nothingness, but its gentle memory lingers on the tips of the senses in those who appreciate a tiny, fragile snowflake.

This analogy can be applied onto many facets of our very own existence: friendships, romantic love, sibling affection, the hearty devotion to one’s parents…it all can be said that the idea of a snowflake’s beginning, middle, and demise are comparable to all the relationships that constitute a person’s life. Each relationship is unique and can be as complex as the intricate patterns on a snowflake for each symbolizes a part of something in that person’s heart that no other can replace. Just like a little crystal flake flying down at that exact moment, falling onto that precise spot, and claiming it there as its territory. The effect it created would've been different had another icy crystal arrived there instead.

Regardless, wherever it caresses its fleeting limbs, it always provides its second home a waft of its sweetly sensual aroma---a little show sent from its first home up above. You can cherish a glimpse of the ethereal...beauty in the palm of your hand---it’s nature’s eye candy at its best; symbolizing the momentary aspect of life that sometimes makes us look twice at a normally mundane event, and the brief moment changes how we view a corner of ourselves.

© Copyright 2015 AmyBerry (amyberry at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2050015-Snowflakes