*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2050646-Shadows-of-the-Streets
by Ghost
Rated: E · Monologue · Emotional · #2050646
Not sure what this is, but here you go.
         Ever been told you have the best life? Have you ever believed it? Yeah, neither have I. My problems weigh heavily on my mind, body, and soul. But does that matter? What rite do I have to complain? I have never been abused, molested, or neglected. I have never had to fight for food, freedom, or even the rite to live. I had good parents, a decent life, and a steady job.
So why do I feel like there is something missing from this world that I enjoy. Why do I feel like every day is an uphill battle for my own existence?
         Am I the only one? Surely not. But if I am not, then where are the others? Where are the other people who scream silently into their heads because of this emptiness? Where are the people who are looking without knowing what to look for? Where are the ones who stare at the night sky looking for answers?
         So here I am. Asking a bunch of questions that have no answers. Looking for something that may not be found. So I will continue to walk the shadowed streets at night as the rest of the world sleeps and try to disappear into the shadows that consume everything else around me. Maybe one day, I will return to the world with something profound to teach it.

© Copyright 2015 Ghost (ghost2012 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2050646-Shadows-of-the-Streets