*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2050901-Forever-Again-Short-Story-Chapter-5
Rated: E · Fiction · Romance/Love · #2050901
Bart dances and connection is made
Chapter 5

          The music Bret was going to dance too sunk into her brain as he slowly walked around in a small circle turning the chair with his hand. It was "Time of Our Lives" from the movie Dirty Dancing, a movie she had watched eight times. As the beat sped up in the song, Lily watched as Bret  moved in a way which drew her into a world of intimacy. His whispered message sent an electric tingle up and down her spine.  The man was pure eye candy.
         Bret left her chair facing the audience. She was finding breathing something she needed to concentrate on. He winked and utilizing some fancy foot work he ended at the front of the stage. The man could dance. He was as good as her Michael had been when he privately danced for her in their home. She smiled when he undid the white starched cuffs he was wearing and threw them to her nieces. As each sailed out the cheers got louder and money came onto the stage. 
         Her eyes were glued to his body as he turned and danced back to her. Slowly he turned and expertly tore off the back panel of the dress whites he was wearing. She barely succeeded in not reaching out to touch his perfect skin on display, inches from her chair. She reminded herself to breath, hoping her face was not bright red. As hot as she felt that was probably not a hope which would be granted.  When he again turned around he removed his hat and placed it on her head, never missing a beat with the music. Her knuckles were white as they gripped the leather arms of her seat.
.....................
         Bret concentrated on slowly turning her chair, as he whispered, "I cannot touch you and you cannot touch me sweetness so relax and enjoy" He knew he had to play to the audience also but his mind and body would be working  just for her. He  was not going to do his straight strip tease show. This lady was too important. He moved his hips and danced to the front of the stage. Removing his white cuffs, tossing them to the nieces. He needed them to see he was treating their Aunt special. Their smiles told him he was getting his point across. The crowd was cheering and giving him suggestions on what he should do next. Bret smiled and winked to all of them in general.
         Turning he danced his way back to the  chair and gave his lady a good view of his backside, as he tore off the back panel of his slacks and rotated his hips. He was rewarded with a sharp intake of breath from her. Smiling he allowed himself to relax into the moves. As he turned back to her he removed his hat and placed it on her head, making sure it stayed up out of her eyes. In the back of his mind he realized he was setting his claim, but wouldn't allow the thought to take firm hold on his brain.
.........................
         Lily watched as he again moved to the front of the stage, giving her a fantastic view of the rippling mussels in his back. Still concentrating on breathing she watched as he tore off the rest of the slacks and dropped them off the stage in front of the girls table. Lily could barely make out where they were but she could hear them adding to the screams and suggestions coming from the onlookers.
         She figured he would start picking the cash up but all he did was turn and drop to his hands and knees. The heat of her skin rose and a vibration started in her whole body. Parts she thought had been dead for years came alive and moistened as Bret literally prowled his way back to her. The view she had a moment ago, was now being presented to the ladies in the audience, and by their voices they appreciated the site as much as she had. More money floated to the stage.
         Her eyes widened as he got to his knees when he reached her chair. Swaying he grabbed the arm posts and whispered for her to grab the seat. She quickly obeyed him, not removing her eyes from his. He grabbed the arms of the chair and neatly placed himself in a squat before her. Slowly he stood, pumping his hips with the slightest of rotation. Lily had given up concentrations on breathing. The panting she could manage was just going to have to suffice.
....................
         Bret had never enjoyed himself more. The lady was staring at him, a good stare by the way her face had gone red and she kept her eyes locked with his when he was facing her.  Smiling, he let out a small chuckle and executed some fancy foot work, which took him back to the front of the stage. He ripped off the rest of his dress whites, with all the flourish he could add and dropped them to the floor near the girls table.
         Turning slowly he dropped to his hands and knees and proceeded to do a slow crawl back to his lady. He was not sure if the idea that he was thinking of her as his was good but the pure elation  he felt was over riding all of his good sense. It was going to be an uphill battle  to convince her but he was drawn to her like he had never been drawn to a woman before. It was scary but exuberating at the same time. He knew by the noise of the room, that money was flying to the stage. He focused only on the panting lady in front of him, looking like she would eat him alive if he got too close. He was definitely planning on getting too close.
         Reaching her chair he got on his knees and grabbed the arm post. Loud enough so only she would be able to hear, he said, "move your hands down to the seat by your side sweetness." When the arms were free he reached up and grabbed the ends. Moving his feet so he was squatting he slowly started to rise while pumping his hips adding a hint of a swivel to each pump. He watched her eyes dilate and her breathing become quicker.
...........................
         Lily knew this man was not her husband, but his every move threw her back into the past. Back to when Michael had enjoyed dancing for her alone. She watched the mussels of his arms and thighs as they flexed with every move he made. She grabbed the seat of the chair tighter, forcing herself to not reach out and touch his glistening chest. Her brain was turning into mush. She knew she should keep her mouth shut but the words came out anyway. "Ah, Mick", a nickname she used for Michael. She stared as the man's expression and facial features changed in front of her. Her husband stood there looking at her. Lily blinked but the vision did not change.
         Within the space of a few heartbeats, Lily found herself back stage in the arms of Bret. She held him tight, not wanting the feeling of pure joy to go away. Tears slid down her cheeks as he bent his head forward and kissed her.
.........................
         Bret could feel the burn in his arms and legs, but he wasn't willing to stop the slow rise to a standing position. The expression on her face fascinated him and made him want this moment to last far longer than he knew it would.
         When he was all the way up, and preparing to turn her chair again, he leaned forward and heard a name which made him freeze in mid-dance step. He felt dizzy and disoriented for a few heartbeats, then his whole world slipped sideways and his life had changed. Suddenly he was the Mick she was talking about. Memories assaulted his brain. The woman in the chair became younger in his eyes. His heart leapt at the love he felt. Bret had no clue if a moment or an hour had passed but he said, "Yes baby girl. I told you I would return." She did not look like she was convinced so he added the one thing which only she would know about. "When we sat outside I always reminded you the stars added to the twinkle in your eyes. You are the gate to my soul and only you hold the key." His lips descended on hers as he pushed her off the stage. He had her in his arms and kissed her with what he hoped would consume her heart.

© Copyright 2015 Starling (pager at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2050901-Forever-Again-Short-Story-Chapter-5