*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2051294-Family-Jewels
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Novel · Thriller/Suspense · #2051294
A brief meeting with Tomonello and Zelda gets interrupted by a stranger; first page teaser

Family Jewels


In the land known as, Magog where the oldest creatures are known to flourish, the gnomes have at last chosen a new Queen to rule their lands. The ceremony will take place after the royal Emerald Scepter has been brought from the dangerous lair of the Slash-Back Dragon who guards it; only the bravest of the brave will risk everything to journey through the Firelands and Icy Core Mountains to get the scepter.

Tomonello has been waiting patiently by the mulberry tree for his love to approach. Looking at the sun to see how much longer he should wait, he feels a tingle on his arm and is engulfed in an embrace from his lover with her whispering in his ear, “I almost did not make it. There is double duty on the patrols because of the increase of suitors who have travelled far to compete in finding the Emerald Scepter.”

Turning around to face Zelda, he gives her a soft, loving kiss on the lips, “You and I know there is no need for anyone else besides myself to go on this journey. No one loves you more than I do,” With his right hand, he cups the side of her face, telling her, “I would do anything for you. To finally stop hiding us would be the best thing to happen. I will bring back the scepter and can be together, forever.”

Tomonello hears a crunch, crunch noise, giving Zelda one last kiss, he tells her, “Go, someone is coming. We cannot get caught now and risk execution when we are so close.”

Zelda did not waste any time picking up her skirts and running soft as a lamb in the opposite direction of the newcomer who finally shows himself. Tomonello approaches the man who looks like he has been in a fist fight, “Ho, there! May I be of service to you, my kind sir?”

Looking startled, staggering towards Tomonello, the stranger says in a shaky voice, “I was thrown from my horse, my lord. The forest is covered with them, taking everything,” Looking at Tomonello the stranger’s eye grew wide with fear, “There are hundreds of them, everywhere. I am lucky to escape with the clothes on my back.

Tomonello chuckles, “You think that you will survive the journey to the Slash-Back Dragon?”

© Copyright 2015 TJ Marie (snow_hawk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2051294-Family-Jewels