*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2052176-Justice
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #2052176
Just another vigilante's tale.
Justice.

Opening Monologue

Justice- A lot has happened to me. My past is a blur, and I don't remember my name. I remember flashes. Dreams give me glimpses of who I was before, but that's only enough to make me wonder. I see faces of the ones who caused this. I have made it my mission to find them, and figure out where I went wrong. Doing that is not without risk, but it is a risk I am willing to take.

Scene 1-

Dealer- Who are you looking for?? I don't who you are talking about!

Justice- I am not here to play around. I asked for your boss's location. Now tell me something!

Dealer- He runs a casino, but it isn't legal. It's dangerous, and I never go there! Okay? I'm just a dealer. Will you please let me go?

Justice- Where is it?

Dealer- I don't have any idea. I promise. That's above my paygrade man.

Justice- I don't think you have told me enough to keep you alive.

*slit, dropping sound*

Scene 2- Justice has just killed the dealer and is approached by another masked character. Her name is Virtue.

Virtue- Up until now, you have thought that you were the only one on these streets wearing a mask.

Justice- I would ask who you are, but I don't care.

Virtue- You aren't the only one trying to fix this city. Maybe you should care about who I am.

Justice- You sound familiar.

Virtue- There's something you will find out in time, but I need to see how you are handling your business. SO. I can be your partner, or your shadow. Which is it?

Justice- Just leave me alone. I've heard about you. They call you Virtue. I'm not as virtous as you apparently. In case you didn't notice, I killed a drug dealer because I wasn't happy with his level on intel. Am I really the type of guy you want to hang around?

Virtue- I have a name for you. You aren't merciful. You aren't virtous. You aren't a hero. You deal out justice. I know you don't know your own name.

Justice- What? How!

Virtue- Your name for now will be Justice. I know where to find you. Goodbye.

Virtue leaves. Justice begins walking back to find a place to sleep.

Scene 3. Justice is working out and delivers a monologue.

Justice- I have to know who I am! They took everything from me. I will find him. I remember bits of my life, but he has stripped everything from me! He's dedicated to running the crime in the city, but I will rip his empire out from under him. I may not be virtous. I may not even be in this for the justice. I may not be anything more than a criminal with intent to take down other criminals. If that girl knew what she was talking about, she would call me Revenge.

Justice falls asleep. His dream reveals to us a bit of his life. Specifically, what his wife looked like. Scene 4.

Justice's Wife- Now darling, listen. You don't have to work for this guy.

Justice- I have to provide for you, and nobody will hire me because of my record.

Justice's Wife- I love you, but we can find another way! You've changed since prison. I see it. Please!

Justice wakes up surrounded by three gang members. He is still wearing his mask.

Gangster 1- We saw you kill our dealer. Show us your face! Now!

Justice- Does it help that I feel a little remorse for your friend? I'm trying to find your boss.

Gangster 2- We've come here to kill you. We aren't here to help fuel your fire.

Justice- I don't fear death anymore. I only fear not completing the job.

Gangster 3- Stop talking. Your bravery is not going to save you.

Virtue comes in taking out all three of them.

Virtue- No. But I will!

Justice- Thank you. I guess you shadowing me is a good idea.

Virtue- You don't fear death, but we need to complete your job.

Justice- Maybe you know where this illegal casino is located.

Virtue- I've been waiting for someone to help me bring him down.

Justice- There's something about you.

Virtue- Maybe it's just me saving you that has you in shock.

Justice looks deep into her eyes. He's filled with curiosity.

Justice- I think it's something else..

Virtue- Like what?

Justice- What's your name?

Virtue- Your name is Justice. My name is Virtue. For now, these are our identities. When we finish the job, I will tell you everything.

Scene 4. Justice narrates as him and Virtue are seen praying together before taking to the streets.

Have you ever heard the phrase "the calm before the storm"? Of course you have. That phrase is untrue to me. The anxiety before the storm is more fitting for my story.I'm expected to just focus on finishing this man and his organization. I will do it for myself, and for my wife's memory. I have even more purpose to live. Maybe now I fear death.

Virtue and Justice stand up after praying.

Virtue- I need you focused.

Justice- I am trying to prepare myself for this.

Virtue- Hold your thoughts captive. Do it for me.

Justice-This is so much for me!

Virtue puts her hand on his face. She tries to calm him.

Virtue- I'm here now. We need to focus on Shade.

Justice- Shade?

Virtue- That's the man who overtook the former boss. He's different from the one you worked for.

Justice- He's not alive anymore?? This whole thing was for revenge! And, how do you know about the one I worked for?

Virtue- Shade beat you to it, but Shade is much worse. This whole thing is no longer for revenge.

Justice- I don't have a reason to continue this job.

Virtue- There's something greater than revenge. You are greater than revenge. Justice is greater than revenge. Do this because your city needs you! I need you.

Virtue kisses Justice on the forehead.

Justice- We need a plan. If the boss is new, then I will go in undercover looking for a job. I will take them all out once in. I need your help. Wait for my signal.

Virtue- Anything you say.

Scene 5.

Shade's Doorman- Do you really know what you're getting into if you work for us?

Justice- I think I know exactly what I am doing here.

Doorman- I doubt that. My boss doesn't hire every one of you losers that walk in here. In fact, he's killed someone he didn't see fit.

Justice- I'm fit. If he doesn't see that, I will show him.

Doorman- How are you going to do that hot shot?

Justice- If your boss tries to kill me, it'll be his last attempt to kill anyone.

Doorman- Is that a threat?

Justice- Heh. This is the fun part.

Virtue comes in and they open fire. She jumps out from behind a casino table she flipped over stabbing one of the guards. The doorman reaches for his gun, but Justice grabs and breaks his wrist and kicks him the gut. Justice gets behind the doorman and there is two guards with their weapons up. Virtue has her gun on the two guards and Justice has his blade on the doorman's throat.

Justice- Tell them to drop their guns! Now!

Doorman- Guys. You heard the man.

The guards drop their guns. Justice kills the doorman and Virtue quickly kills the guards before they can pick up their guns.

Virtue- Shade is upstairs. He's probably heard the commotion.

Shade- Do you two even knock?

Shade comes out from the restroom with two more guards with guns on Justice and Virtue.

Shade- It's a shame about my men. I like the zeal you two show, but it won't save you.

Justice kicks up a table and they open fire. Virtue throws a knife and it drops a man. Shade and the other guard continue to fire as the bullets come closer to the two heroes. Justice leaps to the other flipped table grabbing a gun. He runs and shoots the gun killing the guard, but he doesn't see Shade.

Justice- Where is Shade?!

He looks around the room and doesn't see Virtue.

Virtue comes in.

Justice- Did you get him??

Virtue looks at him for a few moments with a disappointed expression.

Justice- We did all this for nothing.

Virtue- You know I am just playing right? I got him!

Virtue runs up and hugs Justice. She looks into his eyes.

Virtue- There's so much I have to tell you..

To Be Continued.


© Copyright 2015 Paul_Mann_80 (paulmann406 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2052176-Justice