*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2052196-Gladys-Chronicle-War-Of-Gladine
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Arcus
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #2052196
The Dark Goddess
Chapter 1

“Ghavin…, Lycera…” a voice whispered. “ The time for dark one awakened is nearly come. Be prepared and warn the protector about this. Or she will haunt entire Gradine once again” the voice whispered again.
Suddenly, an image of horrified face came out. “Aaaah!!!!” shouted Ghavin. “What happened, the Sage One??” asked a guard who was guarding Ghavin.
“Hmmm…nothing. Only a bad dream.” “Guard, can you send a message to Verezion Palace… I would like to meet the king.” said Ghavin calmly.
“I will, the Sage One” answered the guard. Ghavin, the Tree of Eternity went to his slumber again.
…………………………………………………………………
The next morning, the sun shone brightly under the wide sky. The ray of sunlight reached the earth and made all plant blossom in happiness.
As Ghavin also woke up from his slumber, an elf woman came to him bringing with her a set of water bubble.
“The Sage One, this is your water bubble” said the elf woman. “Thank you, Minerva” Ghavin rose the water bubbles to the air as Minerva was out of sight.
The water bubbles swung around him as they sprayed the water droplets towards him. “What a refreshment in the good morning” said Ghavin gently.
After that, he started to meditate as it was his daily routine. The sound of nature resonance around him with a smooth dance.

At the moment, the sound of royal horn can be heard from far away. A man with a group of soldiers, who are escorting him, rode their horses politely towards the Tree of Eternity.
The man jumped off from his horse as well as his soldiers and bowed in front of Ghavin. Ghavin also laid down his head as a signal of greeting.
“Welcome, King Lasgelan. It’s an honour to see you here.” said Ghavin.
“Good to see you too, the Sage One. What can I help you? The messenger that you have send was saying that you have a bad news??” asked king Lasgelan.
Ghavin took a deep breath and gave a signal to his guards to let King Lasgelan and him alone. The king commanded his soldiers to wait at the outskirts of the Sage One’s place.
“Last night, I have a dream of future which is called Cruxo. The dream of message that have been said by Chief Guardian Ivaldi” said the Tree of Eternity with a serious face. King Lasgelan focused his ears to the news.
“He said ‘The time for dark one awakened has nearly come. Be prepared and warn the protector about this or she will haunt the entire Gradine once again’. From this message, I think you would know who ‘she’ is” explained Ghavin.
“Dark Goddess Onyxia??” asked the king. “Yes, she is. We must be prepared for this problem” said King Lasgelan.
Suddenly, a soldier ran towards them with a terrified face. “Your Highness, our city in the east territory have been attacked by intruders!!” explained the soldier roughly.
“What?? We must return at once. Apologise me, the Sage One. T have to deal with this intruders. We will discuss about that news later” said King Lasgelan in hurry.
“Oh, wait my king. I have an unexpected vision. The intruders are Amaxon tribe, one of the four Quadriges!!” explained Ghavin.
King Lasgelan rose his thumb as a sign of understanding. He jumped on his horse and led his soldiers as fast as lightning.
“Why now the Quadriges showed his face. These tribe should be vanished a long time ago. I think there are something wrong somewhere. I must be prepared” said the Sage One.
…………………………………………………………………
King Lasgelan and his men were on their way towards the east of Eldora. As they arrived, the town was in fire.
“Hold them back!!!” shouted one of the elf guard. A group of humanoid cheetah were shooting their arrows towards the elf guards.
“My warriors, attack!!!” commanded King Lasgelan. He and the other soldiers rushed towards the enemy. A fierce battle was exploded between them.
“What is this creatures?? As I know Amaxon tribe were not a group of cheetah but they were an ancient people who protect the swamp.” whispered King Lasgelan in his heart.
One by one of the elf soldiers fell down to the earth as they can’t withstand the decisive blows from the Amaxonians.
King Lasgelan was in danger. The leader of the Amaxon tribe was holding her bow upwards. Lasgelan thought it would be a powerful magic blast that will crush his entire soldiers. A sound of enchantment can be heard from the leader’s mouth.
The leader looked like female cheetah. As she finished her enchantment, the ground beneath them crumble vigorously and turned into mud swamp. It sank down all the elf soldiers including King Lasgelan.
They were sinking slowly as the Amaxonians jumped up and fired off a lot of venomous arrows towards them. Out of the blue, three large trees grew rapidly behind the Amaxonians. One of the trees made a shield of waxy leaves to cover King Lasgelan and the elf soldiers from the arrows. Another tree grew its sharp root tentacles and stabbed the Amaxonian’s bodies from behind.
The middle among them rose up an enormous roots from the ground to give the support for the soldiers to climb up.
“I think you would need my help, King Lasgelan.” said a surreptitious man who was sitting on one of the tree branches.
“Who is that??” asked King Lasgelan in confused.
…………………………………………………………………

Ghavin was chanting the druidic spells. There were four guards that protected him in a circle. A few roots grew from the ground and ran through the back of the guards. It wrapped its vines across the guard’s bodies until it looked like cocoons.
Abruptly, a lot of buds were sprouted along the Tree of Eternity’s branches. They burst out green dust that surrounded Ghavin’s place. The dust merged together to form a green translucent barrier. It looked like a dome.
Finally, a large bud grew in front of Ghavin. As his emerald eyes became dimmer and turned black, the large bud peeled itself.
A man with well-built body step out from the bud. “Aaah… it’s been a long time!!!” said the man as he walked towards Minerva.
“Oh, the Sage One, it’s been once in a million years, you came out with that form. Is it something dangerous happened??” asked her.
“King Lasgelan is unsafe, I must help him” said Ghavin, the Druid of Nature. Minerva lend him a staff which it’s called Sclera.
“Thank you” Ghavin trudged the ground, a bunch of roots entangled and dragged him into the earth.
“I wished for your safety, my love” murmured Minerva in her coveted heart.
Ghavin reached at the battlefield and saw King Lasgelan and his soldiers were sinking into the mud swamp. He took three seeds from his pouch and tossed it behind the Amaxonians.
…………………………………………………………………
“Oh, the voice seemed familiar…” said King Lasgelan. “Is it you the Sage One??” questioned him to the surreptitious man.
“Yes, I am, it’s been a long time for me to use this form. But the final person in Elven royal family who witness me in this form was your grandmother, Queen Elvira” clarified Ghavin.
King Lasgelan kneeled down as he identified the man who help him was the Sage One. He felt ashamed to be help by Ghavin.
“Oooww… Come on, don’t feel so guilty... Besides, I want you accompanied me to meet someone” said the Sage One. “But before that this female cheetah is the leader, isn’t it?? I think we should take her to Mount Helega.” Ghavin summoned his treants to bring her along to Mount Helega.
………………………………………………………………...
© Copyright 2015 Arcus (arcusxeno22 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2052196-Gladys-Chronicle-War-Of-Gladine