*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2052267-Other-World
Rated: E · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #2052267
What if a divergent cant be held to a certain faction because they aren't even human.
It wasn't particularly hard to discover those who were different. Most people wanted to fit in and they didn't care, one way or another. Still, they could hide it with mediocre acting and lying skills, unless they were sent to the hospital.
Mara could instantly tell who was divergent after a CAT scan. The biggest difference was that their brains were lit up almost fully; even the parts used for breathing and other unconscious habits. There were always slight differences in the lit parts, almost hidden by the luminescence. As usual she hid them, changed them; if they knew they were different, they could figure out that they weren't even fully human.
Mara waited in her office for the next patient. It was only an experiment, she decided. She wouldn't get too attached to them lest something go wrong. But this patient was rare. They shared the same brain patterns which meant they were of the same subspecies.

Khile sat in the cold grey seat, palms sweating. He felt like everyone who looked at him could see straight through him. They whispered and stared. He was next to be scanned and he felt like pure sin. "Mr.Roman..."
A thinly blond woman held open the door and beckoned him to come forward. As he stood he could feel his stomach and whatever else was in there drop to the floor. "Leave your jacket and shoes here please."
As he shrugged off his jacket he couldn't imagine what would happen next.

© Copyright 2015 Rosewell (pyrvmid at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2052267-Other-World