*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2052583-Paris
Rated: E · Article · Travel · #2052583
Paris is always a good idea...
Paris Is Always A Good Idea

People go to Las Vegas to marry, but they spend their honeymoon in Paris. It is charming when it is foggy and visited by the fall season, when sparrows fly around the Eiffel Tower, in the light gray sky. It is beautiful when the summer sun sets atop the buildings. It's got those book cafes, where you can sit, covered by a scarf, sip hot beverages and read Jane Austen in a weekend afternoon.

Its museums have inviting stairs, its restaurants have apple tarts, its markets have fresh oranges. Most of the very luxurious hotels in Paris serve very small and variegated meals in huge white plates. They serve goat cheese toasts with rose wine, cold pressed juices, pastries and hot chocolate.

You are going to love Paris when it snows. Everything is frozen and beige or white, like your beloved's favorite sweater, everything is Christmasy and the Eiffel Tower shines. You will love it in spring where there are rooftop gardens around the city. You would have loved Paris in the 1950's strolled by sassy girls on their high-heels carrying the today's newspaper.

In Paris you can come upon beautiful, half-naked women, who are leaning on the terrace in one of the hotels in Paris in iridescent dresses and taut buns. You can whisper âbonjour mon amourâ into the pillow of your hotel bed, greeting morning Paris. You can kiss and stroll holding hands, you can walk the gardens, and the bridges and welcome the morning light softly descending in Monmartre. Thatâs the place to wear that little black dress, with a black ribbon on the back. You can fix yourself a little, like every respectable French woman. You can sit with your lover in the intimate café of one of the hotels in Paris, both touching your foreheads. You can see young ladies with Amelie Poulainâs haircut.

You can see statues in the garden that are soaked with the rays of the afternoon sun. Lovers hugging and photographing themselves in front of the Eiffel Tower, which is, probably, the place in the world with the hugest conglomeration of newly-weds and probably angels who are blessing them. Look at the pigeons in that area, and you will understand why Paris is called âthe city of love.â

People here love people watching. This is why they crowd in the cafes.
They love to say âbonjourâ to strangers and they speak silently. They paint their doors pink or for that reason, any other kind of bold color.
They have a cheese shop and fifty shades of sunset. Paris chicks eat no tarts. They are slim and cool in their trench coats. They wear Chanel hats and carry around hot cups of coffee. They love black and they love stripes and they love carrying matching umbrellas. They dress their puppies. They wear scarves and move as if they are on the catwalk. When in Paris youâve got women on your mind and in your sight. Itâs called Parisian elegance and comes with Parisian red manicure.

Paris is always a good idea.



© Copyright 2015 Lady Fickle (ladyfickle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2052583-Paris