*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2053241-The-Portal
by Ghost
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Dark · #2053241
A small fantasy idea about men building a portal.
         The blood red clouds filled the skies. They moved through the heavens like giants eels all lain atop each other. The stars and the sun were blotted out. The red moon shined through the clouds. Winged monsters rained from these clouds, breathing fires onto the ruined city below. The river ran red with blood and remians of the dead. I see all of this from the mountain side as a couple of the creatures flew towards me. As the last man alive, I was forced to remeber how we had come to this point.
         A week ago, some scientists built what should have been a door to the afterlife. I am not sure what they found on the other side, but it was terrifying enough that they fired nukes into the portal and attempted to purge the land on the other side. We had attempted to purge the creatures of the world we discovered. Not only did we fail, we angered them.
         That was the begining of the slaughter. That was the begining of the end of our world. Now I stand as the last human and eagerly await the death that flies towards me. It will relieve me of the horrors I have been privy to over the last week.
© Copyright 2015 Ghost (ghost2012 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2053241-The-Portal