*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2054487-The-First-Incidents-Meta-War
by Ghost
Rated: E · Chapter · Sci-fi · #2054487
Hey guys, this is another side story to my bigger piece. I hope you enjoy.
November 2, 2113:
It was the third incident since the Energy Storm. The first was a man levitating himself and his car after nearly being hit by a semi-truck. It took two hours before he and his car just dropped. When we looked into medical check later on, we found he was emitting the same kind of energy as the energy storm produced. The man was taken to a quarantine zone in some city near Baltimore, MD. The incident took place right outside Washington D.C.
The second incident we might have missed if not for what happened. A kid trapped in a burning building a rescued by firefighters completely unscathed. Not a story we hadn't heard before. But while they were running check-ups and giving the kid oxygen, we found he also emitted the same radiation as the first guy. Shortly after we quarantined the kid in Baltimore, he began talking about how he started the fire on accident when a burglar tried to break in. He was even nice enough to make a fireball in his hand out of thin air. He promptly passed out afterwards due to the mental stress.
I hadn't heard of either of these cases yet when I was asked to investigate an explosion at a school. People were horrified, and I could understand why. When I arrived, firefighters were trying to put out multiple fires that had spread from the blast zone. I wasn't allowed to investigate for another two days while they took a body count and made sure that the scene was safe.
The total body count was three students missing and five injured. While I was investigating, I found that there wasn't anything to indicate explosive. In fact, it was as if a bright light had just spontaneously erupted in the middle of the boy's locker room and had disintegrated everything in the room. It was the shockwave that had caused the rest of the explosion. I suddenly had a theory as to what happened to the three missing boys. If they had been in the locker room, there would be no bodies.
I went to interview kids at the hospital. It went smoothly for the most part, except that one student was quarantined. When I inquired as to why the child had been separated from the others, the doctors told me it was because the kid had been exposed to some kind of radiation. Now I was curious. There was no radiation at the scene or on any of the other kids. I was allowed to question the kid while wearing a radiological suit. When I brought up the bombing, his eyes widened and his pulse skyrocketed. He began babbling about how one second the boys were bullying him and then the next second, the entire room was full of red light and the boys were gone. Just as I was writing the report and talking to my superiors, the FBI appeared.
They looked at all the evidence and asked me who I had told other than my superiors. I told them that I hadn't told anyone. They ordered my superiors to put out a story that it was indeed a bomb and that the three missing boys were actually dead. It would be easier for the public to buy that then the story about the kid. They told me that I was being reassigned to a join a team out of Fort Meade and that the kid was being transferred to a quarantine zone near Baltimore city named Mutant City. When I asked about the boy's family, I was told that his family had gone missing during the Energy Storm. He was the only one left.
If we had done our homework, we would've realized that he had a brother. We would've realized that his brother also had new abilities. We might've been able to prevent his brother from starting one of the biggest battles in history.

© Copyright 2015 Ghost (ghost2012 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2054487-The-First-Incidents-Meta-War