*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2054528-Flowers-And-Doughnuts
Rated: 13+ · Editorial · Dark · #2054528
This may be triggering. Please leave an honest opinion (I wrote this in 6th grade).
Flowers & Doughnuts


I’m walking on the sidewalk. Cars drive by, weaving and interlocking themselves down the road, even though no one’s there. I smell flowers and doughnuts from the shops and markets. I smell flowers and doughnuts as I enter the shops and markets.

A great gathering of people, cheers and voices, all calling out in a way so strictly forrbiden

Disgusting, isn’t it?

Hands in hands, discussing the economy of trade for the legalists. Discussing how a product of man is supposedly a divine art, and has great value. Discussing the way of life for a soul of souls, in which depends on everyone else.

I walk to my shop, a shop that sells a great value that has no value. My hand touches the doorknob, as I fall into a bed and the long wails of a horn echo through the night.


🌃Darkness🌃


Mother holds me to her, and places me on the floor. Brother is looking at me. Staring at me. Glaring into the darkest corners of my existence. Why? I decide not to question it. He must have a reason. He must because he is older, and older is wiser.


ීIsී


The church bells clang. A coffin lies before me and my family. White flowers lie. I cry for an unknown reason. Everyone whispers, “He jumped.” A picture of my brother is on that coffin. Why? I though that he was older. Wiser.


🙈🙉🙊Not🙈🙉🙊


I saw him. Jump. Since he’s gone, am I the oldest? Wisest? Every morning, I check the roof to see him. To save him. I’m starting to have fits. Fits of rage. Of fear. Of guilt. I could’ve done something. Anything. It got worse. I would throw furniture and hurt people. Because of him. I don’t want that. I think Mother and Father are afraid of me now. Because of that, they got The Pill. After I take The Pill, the fits run away. I could’ve done something. Anything. I’m right. Because I am older, and older is wiser.


䷘Innocence䷘


Years have passed. Brother is still gone. It’s my fault. Mother and Father say otherwise. They’re liars. I can’t trust them anymore. Anyone anymore. I must. I must see him again.


⏰Anymore⏰


Brother, I’m not with you yet, but I will be. Tonight. I jumped, but I didn’t find you immediately. They’re trying to take me away from you. But, the light is fading. Good. Mother will cry. Father will hide his sorrow. Maybe, just maybe they’ll come to their senses and join us. Nevermind, they’re taking me.

I’m walking on the sidewalk. There isn’t much traffic. As I’m walking home, I see my brother jump off the roof to his death. I get serve depression and a stress disorder, which causes me to have fits and anger issues. I tried to commit suicide, to escape, but failed. My life flashes before my eyes in a dream of a dream.

I wake up. The doctor, Mother and Father are discussing the cost of the medical bill. Discussing the types of medicine. Discussing the hospital transfer options.

On the table next to me, a vase of flowers and freshly baked doughnuts sit quietly.

💮🍩 Flowers & Doughnuts🍩💮


© Copyright 2015 EmFoxIsAGhost (emfoxisaghost at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2054528-Flowers-And-Doughnuts