*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2054560-The-Man-at-the-Top
by Angel
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Emotional · #2054560
Flash Fiction
It was those words that rang in my head 'Where do you think you're going', well where did he think I was going, far away from there, that was for sure. It was the last time I would ever step foot in that school. Don't get me wrong I love teaching but there are times when a job is just not worth your life and reputation and today, I knew, was the day to walk away. This phone call would put an end to his career, his marriage and him for good and I'm determined that he won't get away with it.

I had no idea what I was getting into, an invitation to work in a well renowned school was a dream job for me but recently things seemed weird. I had met Geoff, the headmaster at a conference, I'd chatted to him for a long time. He had an air of confidence about him as he told me about his amazing school, he drew me in, it was after several meetings, emails and phone calls that I was eventually offered a job. I took it, with no qualms and I've been there at St James' for four years, and until now never regretted it.

Recently, rumours were going round the school that all wasn't right with Geoff but nobody would elaborate, don't get me wrong, there was nothing between us, just friends, but I began getting strange looks from the other staff that I just couldn't understand. However, today I understood, he hadn't locked his door, I walked in and I found them, the boy and the man. I ran and I'm still running but my fingers are on the buttons ready to dial the number that will end this for good.

(Word Count 295)

© Copyright 2015 Angel (angelglory at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2054560-The-Man-at-the-Top