*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2054595-Truth-time
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Experience · #2054595
Just putting it out there...
I've been on the wrong track, trying to write fiction when I have so much real stuff floating around up here. Maybe it's that I've been forcing something that is there but it's not ready to come out. The truth is that I am a survivor of a lot of stuff... Stuff that needs to come up, out of that hidden place- of darkness, of fear, of self-loathing and shame.

I'm not a ray of sunshine down in there- though my friends would disagree. I'm "inspiring... Considerate... Positive..."

In this little corner of the Internet there is a lot of that. A lot of hiding behind cliches, behind brightness and happy little ditties expressing the sunshine of positive, glowing, shiny people.

There is NOTHING WRONG WITH THOSE PEOPLE! On the surface I am one of those...but mostly a hypocrite who really needs to reach in and examine the really down low dirty self. I'm not evil, I just have slightly broken wings- and those wings might be broken, and be coated in ashes, but they're MY WINGS.
And I will never fly without them!
© Copyright 2015 Lexi Conne (chloe2t at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2054595-Truth-time