*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2054749-Everything-I-never-said
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #2054749
A teenager experiencing life in all its glory.
His kiss brushed softly against her lips as she placed her hand on his neck, her touch was gentle as her hands ran through his hair. The light from the small lamp Lisa had bought for university lit the room dimly, scattering shadows across the space. Her own and this boy’s framed the walls, their silhouettes blending into one, passionate encounter. The passion was undeniable, it was raw, breathtaking and it bled onto the floor as they sank down, privy to the eyes of the stuffed bear Lisa had received as a university gift. This shy, awkward girl of nineteen years had only ever kissed one other boy but her one encounter fell flat in comparison to this. It was effortless, lasting a lifetime, lingering on her lips for what felt like eternity, even after he had pulled away. Lisa felt her body temperature increase as her heart raced to match its pace, which was at an unprecedented level. He still remained close, resting his head against hers. Silence stuck in the air and it was thick, closing in on Lisa’s throat. But she had to gather herself, engage her brain to respond to what she could only assume would be his way to get out of the situation, some form of escape plan. Lisa wanted to search his face for any clues but she couldn't bring herself to look at him, he had this ability to move her in such a way that was beyond Lisa’s control.
His voice was soft, so much so she felt she had forgotten how sweet it was to hear. The words ‘are you sure you want to do this?’ were not what Lisa expected to hear escape his mouth and so surprised and curious, she finally raised her eyes to meet his. Even in darkness they pierced her, forcing her to linger on them just that little bit too long. Suddenly it hit Lisa, catching her breath slightly, his body was arched leaning in towards her and his face so close to hers. She raised her hand to his cheek, carefully caressing it, as if she were afraid that to be too harsh would damage the perfection that was him. Lisa smiled because she knew she would always remember this moment, it didn't matter they were in a dingy flat or that they had a 9am lecture the next day, for once in her life all the mess in her head slipped away and she let it. Opting to hold onto instead, the one person who’d changed everything.
© Copyright 2015 lovelife (writinglover2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2054749-Everything-I-never-said