*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2054963-And-On-the-Second-Day
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Essay · Cultural · #2054963
Keeping up with "down time." Where do the days go?
My theory is that if I acknowledge my writer's block, perhaps I can deal with it and get past it. I have specific things to worte. Just can't make myself deal with it. It's like setting myself up for nightmares. So this is what I'm writing until my muse gets back from her moon walk.

Today I rose from bed in late afternoon. As a freelance writer, I set my own schedule that way. I'm awake and working and alert during the hours my body and soul are most productive. I've been on this schedule a few years. It's great in summer: I bar-be-que at 3:00 am, I take a break under the moonlight and water my yard, sometimes I even go to the 24 hour Walmart. I have to switch my sleeping schedule for doctor's appointments, but I usually manage appointments, and I'm a hppier person sleeping through the afternoon heat of summer.

About three weeks ago I had neck/cervical surgery. My neck still needs support, and I wear my bone stimulator device four hours every day. I've spent a lot of time in my Craftmatic adjustable bed, watching television, plunking on my laptop, and sleeping. I had a guy friend helping me the firxst couple of weeks. By then, I was so aggrevated with him I didn't want any help from him. He didn't help much. Was it my fault I expected him to stay sober? Recurring problem, and my motivaation to actually join a dating site this week. I signed up, paid, but I'm afraid to go back and deal with it. Isn't that supposed to be the FUN part.

I quit smoking three weeks before my surgery, so that makes me just a "vapor" for a couple of months. No more nicotine required. I'm proud about that, and I don't think I'm gonna ever pick up the habit again. Of course, I know, never say never.

I dressed in a maxi and cami to get pet food from Walgreen's. It's a half mile there and a half mile back. I buy their often overpriced items because they are so damned convenient. I go so often that all the regular staff know me by face and (previous)cigarette brand.
© Copyright 2015 a Sunflower in Texas (patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2054963-And-On-the-Second-Day