*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2055281-Venture-into-the-unknown
by YkpEmr
Rated: E · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #2055281
My first little story I'm working on.
Day 1

A dark night, consumed by the fear of what's to come. I was able to find my way thanks to the aid of moonlight in that freezing hell. If I could have only moved faster. The roots of madness and fear were so deep that I couldn't get a hold of what was real and what was not.

After a long walk, I felt the absence of wind twirling around my skin. It was unusual so I decided to look around my environment more carefully. After a long inspection, I continued my voyage to safety. But what stood before me was why the wind couldn't pass... a mountain.

I had no time to waste. Instead of going around to conserve my energy, I decided to go straight on through. Everything was jolly good until I spotted two vicious trolls guarding the mountain. I took a step back to plan my movements. After hearing the crackling sounds of an enraged army, I was once again reminded that I had no time left (not even for a plan).


I took a deep breath, one after another. After gathering up some courage. I took out my greatsword from it's sheath and dashed towards the closest troll before I began losing my confidence. I took a big swing at it but my body instinctively stopped itself knowing I would get obliterated the moment after. Such a weakling I was then. Anyway , after staying frozen on spot for 5 minutes like a statue with my eyes shut, I heard a gruesome voice along the lines of, "Calm down human, you just have to pay." My heart started beating even faster than before. Was I in their territory for sure? Was I going to pay my with my life? All those awkward but meaningful questions for my life popped inside my head.

I opened my eyes and decided to seal my fate."P-pa-payy what?" I stuttered.

He grinned and replied, " The entrance fee for the Sky Island of course."

That restless night, I learned that nothing seems the way it looks. I payed 500 goyan and continued my escape. I was on my way to the legendary island... Sky Island!

To be continued...
© Copyright 2015 YkpEmr (jacob588 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2055281-Venture-into-the-unknown