*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2055303-forget
Rated: E · Short Story · Friendship · #2055303
just a thought.
While sitting at a red light, Monday, on my way to get groceries, I sat there thinking about a long time friend, I haven't seen in years, wondering how she was.

As am thinking about all the fun we had, shopping trips, floating down the river, going out to dinner, and to the movies, I begin to smile.

I sit there waiting for the light to turn green, a car pulls up next to me, I ignore it.

I hear someone shout out my name, as I turn to look, I see my long time friend.

I smile and tell her to pull over in the next parking lot, we both turn into a dollar general.

We get out of our cars.

I immediately go and give her a hug. We are there for several minutes, as we both have places to go, we exchange numbers, addresses, and promise to keep in contact.

I finish my shopping, I think about my friend thru out the day.

I vow to myself, that no matter how busy my life gets, I will not lose track of her again.

It's amazing, how busy people get with their lives, They lose track of the most important people in their lives, friends, relatives, and siblings.

life is too short and it only takes a minute to send a text, or e-mail or even a phone call to say, " Hey how are you? I'm thinking about you today".

Maybe, you have been on their mind too, and they are so busy that they just forget.

© Copyright 2015 Rebecca (snowkids45 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2055303-forget