*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2056390-Atlantis-Cracking
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #2056390
Atlantis is breaking apart
I flutter down from the guardwall, the tips of my ivory wings touching the walls in the narrow alleyway. Landing softly on the cobbled streets, I walk towards the shell-shaped common area, bustling with people. Children play on the edge of the pool that takes up much of the the common area, turning the shell into two curved passages along the sides. Each was filled with vendor stalls sporting brightly-striped awnings. Coloured pendants waved in the air, and it was a gorgeous day. Something felt off though. This was the only home I'd ever known, but it didn't feel right.
I was looking around, trying to figure out what it was, when something shook the entire city like a baby shaking a rattle. Everyone dropped to the ground. I got up fast, then shot thirty feet straight up, enough to look out over the walls Looking out at the ocean beyond, I could see nothing, but looking down at my city, I could see four large cracks converging in the city square. I heard a dull roar as they came together, then starting splitting my city into quarters. Those of us with wings darted upwards, but the majority-those without- stayed on the ground helpless as water bubbled up in the cracks, flooded the city, and drowned most of the people.
I saw the death of my beautiful city, my beautiful Atlantis.
© Copyright 2015 Alex Blackink (moppestein99 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2056390-Atlantis-Cracking