*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2056554-9-Days-Further-On
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Editorial · Emotional · #2056554
A Sunday, a holiday coming, and my day becomes funneled into a cyclone of anger.
Labor Day and Memorial Day seem somewhat interchangeable, almost generic patriotic twins. They come at each end of the summer, they make Americans aware of Americanism, and they encourage us to celebrate with pride the reasons we are American military or civilian. Each are less of a big deal than the 4th of July. This Labor Day has arrived hot, too hot to celebrate vigorously. It's too hot to go to any sale that isn't air conditioned, and 90 degree temps require AC at home and on the way anywhere. Additionally, I'm burning emotionally.

It is my quest toward labor that sent me into an anger cycle that ate all day and a half of holiday sunshine, filling time instead with with tears, hot, salty, wet that would eventually stop, only to start again in some untimely cycle.

© Copyright 2015 a Sunflower in Texas (patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2056554-9-Days-Further-On