*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2056970-Rebels-Revenge-Chapter-20
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Sci-fi · #2056970
A small town is transported to an alien world
Chapter 20



The gunmen motioned for them to turn and head in the direction of a vehicle parked on the side of the Interstate. It was an old U.S. Army jeep with a white star painted on its door. Another man dressed in civilian clothing was standing by the jeep drinking water from a military canteen.

"Found these two walkin' long side the road Sarge," the gunman stated. They's government men or something."

"The man called Sarge looked up with a dirty bearded grin, pointed an automatic pistol at Monday, then shouted, "bang!" He then started giggling at his stupid little joke.

"Ain't no government men left," he remarked, "ain't been none for more than two years now since the war."

That would make the date 1965, Monday thought to himself and World War II had been over for twenty years.

"Where you from boy?" the man continued. "Snake send you back from the front to check up on us?"

"From Mississippi," Monday stuck to his story, "and I have never heard of this Snake you speak of."

"Can't be," Sarge replied, "Ain't no people east of here. There was a few Texicans early on after the war but ever since a year ago ain't been nothing but them strange woods what replaced the desert."

Monday could tell this man and his friends weren't exactly intellectual giants, most likely grade school drop outs.

"We came from the east," he lied, "and all we found was those woods until we hit your territory. You must have been caught up in the same space-time warp we were caught in."

"The same what?" the man asked.

"We were happily in Mississippi one day," Monday replied, "and woke up the next on this crazy world. Something transported us here."

"Yeah," the young gunman blurted, "a fuckin A-Bomb."

The Sarge continued to look at him with a suspicious grin. Finally, scratching his head he said, "you two stay put, I'll take these two back to Captain Davis. He can decide what to do with them. Mount up," he ordered Monday and Grady, pointing to the back of the jeep. "Tie their hands behind their backs and to the side of the jeep," he ordered the gunmen. The jeep rapidly carried them down the steep hill cutting off the Interstate about half way through the city of Albuquerque and picking up an east-west road numbered "Old 66." They quickly pulled up in front of a large ten story building with several dirty looking men lounging around the main door. To their right half a dozen Hells’ Angels Bikers were sprawled across their Harley’s guzzling what appeared to be whiskey. They looked up curiously as the Sarge drove up.

"What ya got there Sarge?" one of the dirtiest looking bikers slurred. He was filthy, dressed in blue jeans and a leather vest, with long hair in a ponytail and a scraggly short beard on his face.

"Rounded up two strangers walking right down the Interstate, Lieutenant," the Sarge stated, "figured I'd bring'em in and let Captain Davis talk at'em."

Monday and Grady looked at each other in surprise. If this dirty biker was an officer in their army, or whatever it was, just what kind of people had they ran into?

The biker Lieutenant waved them on and grabbed for the passing bottle of whiskey. They were cut loose and ordered into the building, one of the lax guards falling in behind them. They walked into the luxurious lobby of a plush hotel. At least at one time it had been luxurious. Now it was mostly torn up with piles of garbage thrown in the corners. They went up several flights of stairs and the Sarge knocked on one of the doors. A loud command to come in came from the other side of the door and they were ushered into the presence of Captain Davis.

As they entered, Captain Davis was occupied on a large couch to the right side of the room. He was steadily having sex with a pretty young girl who could have been no older than ten or eleven years old. Her face indicated that she was in considerable pain from the act.

Monday had to fight all his moral instincts to keep from jumping at the man and gave Grady a sharp look to keep him from getting himself killed. A few minutes later, the Captain finished his gruesome exercise with a loud moan, then slapped the girl on the rear and told her to leave the room.

"What you got Sarge?" he asked, slipping on his dirty pants and walking over to a desk set in the center of the room. He picked up a bottle of whiskey and took a long swig from it.

"Found these two walking down the highway Captain," Sarge replied, "They say they come from fuckin Mississippi." He giggled again as he ended the sentence, looking hungrily at the frightened young girl in the next room.

The Captain pulled an automatic pistol from a holster on his side and placed it on the desk in front of him. "Get out," he ordered, "you know I like to talk with prisoners in private."

Seeing that the prisoner’s hands were tied behind their backs, Sarge ordered the other guard out and followed him, slamming the door behind them. The Captain took another large pull from the bottle of whiskey then looked up at the two prisoners.

"What fuckin gang you with?" he yelled, picking up the pistol from the desk and pointing it at Grady. "You from those Valley Crawlies?"

Grady looked the man in the eyes then spat on the floor in front of him. The Captain was suddenly outraged and ran around the desk to push the pistol in Grady's face, but he didn't make it. Faster than the eye can follow, Monday kicked him upside the head with a well-placed Karate kick, sending him sprawling to the floor unconscious. He quickly stepped through his tied hands bringing them to the front of his body and sliced through the ropes with his buckle knife, doing the same for Grady.

He walked over to the door to listen, not sure if the guards had heard the noise or even if they were posted on the other side. There was no response, no one rushed into the room. Monday picked the Captain up and took him back to his chair behind the desk and threw him roughly down into it. He checked his body for signs of weapons and then the desk drawers, finding another automatic in the center drawer along with several magazines of ammo. A dirty undershirt lay next to the desk and he stuffed it roughly into the Captain's mouth. He then started slapping the Captain and poured whiskey from the bottle into his face, bringing the man back to consciousness. The Captain awoke to see the dark muzzle of his automatic pistol three inches from his nose.

"One sound and you're history," Monday said, shoving the muzzle of the gun up into the Captain's left nostril.

"Me and Grady will sit across the desk from you while you tell us everything we want to know," Monday continued, "both pistols will be aimed at your balls. You yell one time and both of them will be blown into snot, get my meaning asshole?" The Captain nodded his head in terror. "Anyone comes through that door you better give them an Oscar winning performance and tell them to get the hell out, Kapeesh?"

The terrified Captain nodded again as Monday and Grady took seats across from the desk holding the pistols in their laps.

"Tell me your secrets," Monday stated, smiling at the man, "and make me believe you."

"Snake's gonna get you for this," the Captain blurted, you don't stand a chance n' hell of pullin' it off?"

"By the time Snake learns of it," Monday spat back, "you'll be rat shit. Now talk!"

"Snake went with the army to......"

"Start from the beginning," Monday stated, "I want to hear everything from World War II on."

The Captain looked at him with a puzzled expression, not certain of what this crazy fool wanted.

"I want you to tell me the history of World War II as you know it and what has happened since then," Monday stated again, "even an idiot like you knows some history."

"Well, the Nazis took all of Europe back in 39' and North Africa in, I think 1942. They beat the Commies in 46 with the help of the Japs so they gave the Japs all of China and Korea."

"Even England?" Monday asked.

"Even England what?" the Captain questioned back.

"Did the Germans take England also you idiot?"

"Yeah, right after France and Spain. We kept our asses out of it like Roosevelt wanted and President Chapman who followed him. The Germans came up with the A Bomb in 1946, bombed the hell out of the commies, and our spies got it a few months later. The Krauts said they wouldn't mess with us if we didn't mess with Europe or Asia, and we told them to keep out of The Americas, North and South. In 1963 the Germans invaded Venezuela to get at the rich oil fields because theirs went dry or something and were heading for Mexico next. President Stevenson told them if they touched the greasers he'd push the button. They did and A-Bombs started falling everywhere. That's it."

Monday looked at Grady who was awe struck, well aware that history as they knew it never happened that way.

"What then?" Monday questioned.

"Well," continued the Captain, licking his lips, "the gang, that's us, we took over Albuquerque from the flat feet, killed the Guard punks, and been running it ever since, no one ever bothered us. About a year ago them woods appeared outta nowhere and we spotted these green bitches riding them big birds. The General, that's Snake, sent a bunch of guys in there to have a look around and they said the greenies were easy pickings. Snake took our army north a few days ago to get the loot and bring back only the good lookin' bitches."

"How big was this army?" Monday questioned.

The Captain looked at him with a worried expression then finally gave up.

"Snake'll kill me for tellin' you," he blurted, "but I guess you'll kill me if I don't. We have about five thousand men, a bunch of trucks, sixteen tanks, a couple of anti-aircraft tracks, and a whole lot of getmees."

"What's a getmee?"

"That's what the Army pukes use to call an all-terrain vehicle, you know, get me across the swamp, get me here, and get me there. They're small, carry about twelve men."

"What remains here in Albuquerque?"

"We got Colonel Dig's bunch here, about two hundred men."

"Anything else?" Monday asked, noticing the young girl in the other room.

"Just the bitches what hang out with the men and a few crawlies left in the valley."

"What are the crawlies?"

"They're the leftovers from after we took over. Bunch of scum bags who hide out in the country side, Mexicans, Indians, some old guard boys and a few flat feet we ain't caught yet. We make it a sport to go crawlie hunting off and on for fun, once in a while we get lucky and find one of their kids," he pointed at the young girl. "She's a crawlie kid."

Monday found it hard to keep his temper under control and took his time before continuing. "What kind of weapons does your army have, tanks, artillery, small arms, what kind?"

"Like I said we took them sixteen tanks from the guard punks, we have maybe twenty cannons, big ones and little ones, and a lot of rifles and machine guns. Never knew what the friggin Army called them though."

"We have a well-armed force the size of a small Army Division with support armor and artillery," Monday surmised out loud. "What kind of training and leadership do they have?"

"Ain't got no fuckin' training," the Captain stated. "Some of the gang knew how the stuff worked from being drafted in the Army and learned before they deserted. The Commanders are the original gang leaders from the gangs what joined together to take this town. Course, General Snake was a Marine Officer or something before he took over the biggest gang."

"Enough," Monday spat. "Now Captain, where's your bolt hole?"

He gave him a puzzled look.

"I know for a fact you have a way in and out of this office and building where you won't be seen," Monday said, "tell me where it is and what's at the other end and I'll leave you here alive."

The Captain looked at him suspiciously, then at the eager look on Grady's face who was anxious to kill the filth in front of him. "Through that room, down to the basement," he stated, "in the basement you'll find a room marked boiler room. In there is a pipe which connects with the underground sewers. The sewers will take you anywhere under the city. We catch crawlies hiding down there off and on. Now, you gonna let me go?"

"Sure," Monday replied, standing up and moving to the chair holding the Captain, "I said I'd leave you alive, but I didn't say for how long." He found some tough nylon tape lying on the floor and tied his hands behind the chair, then tied the chair securely to the desk so the man couldn't move away from it. He then replaced the gag in the captain's mouth and taped it into place.

"You ain't going to let this piece of scum live are you?" Grady asked a thoroughly disgusted look on his face.

"Thought I'd add to the Kill," Monday smiled back. He took two grenades from a harness lying on the floor and tied them to the Captain who was looking at him in terror. He straightened and pulled the pins almost to the point to where they were loose then tied a string from one to the other. Finally, he tied another string from the center of this string and ran it to the door they had entered and tied it to the door knob. He had noticed the door opened outward. When someone came to check on the Captain, the string would pull the pins from the grenades and the Captain and his visitor or visitors would be scum soup.

Grady smiled at this Special Forces ingenuity. They picked up all the weapons they could find and started to leave the room when Monday remembered the young girl. She had put on a pair of dirty blue jeans but still had no top on and she was looking at the Captain with a cruel smile on her cute face.

"Come," Monday motioned to the girl, indicating that he and Grady were leaving.

She looked at them suspiciously for a few minutes, then at the terrified Captain, and then walked over to join them. They made it to the underground sewer system without being spotted.

"Which way?" Monday stated, looking at Grady.

The young girl motioned for them to follow her and scurried off down the right branch of the sewer.

"Good as any," Grady stated, as they quickly hurried after her.





© Copyright 2015 Oldwarrior (oldwarrior at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2056970-Rebels-Revenge-Chapter-20