*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2057543-Iran-is-cheating-on-nuke-dead-again
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Political · #2057543
If Iran cheats the nuclear agreement, then world must snap back the sanctions ..
Iran is cheating on nuclear program, again
After the July 14th agreement signed by the P5+1 and Iran over its controversial nuclear program described by many as having military goals and dimensions, one would think Tehran would seek its own interest and cooperate at least for some time with the international community. Right? Wrong.
Just recently the U.N. nuclear watchdog said it had sent questions to Tehran regarding "ambiguities" in its submissions as the agency assesses whether Iran's past activities were entirely peaceful, an evaluation crucial to a diplomatic pact with Tehran.
"Ambiguities" is actually the polite word for, well, lies. Unfortunately the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has joined the West - especially the United States - in following a policy of appeasement vis-vis Iran. Instead of coming out hard and firm about Iran's cheating even after the Vienna accord, they are still falling way short of striking at Tehran where it hurts. If Iran is found to be cheating the articles of the nuclear agreement, then the US and Europe would be placed against the wall to see if they truly have the guts to stick to their word and snap back the sanctions they are currently scheduled to lift.
"Technical-expert meetings, technical measures and discussions will be organized in Tehran prior to 15 October 2015 to remove the ambiguities identified by the IAEA," the agency said in a statement. The IAEA is due to provide its assessment by December 15.
This is even more of that language that strides on a very fine line not to disturb any party involved in this entire ordeal.
However, there has been one party who has had the courage and paid the heavy price of taking a stance against Iran and its nuclear programs. The opposition National Council of Resistance of Iran based in Paris has always relied on its sources inside Iran and even the regime's own apparatus to provide wake up calls to the international community about Tehran's clandestine drive to obtain nuclear weapons. Why else would a country sitting on a vast ocean of oil and gas reserves need a nuclear program anyway?
It was the NCRI that blew the whistle back in August 2002 when it unveiled the Natanz uranium enrichment and Arak heavy water reactor sites, providing both the uranium and plutonium paths to nuclear weapons. That was when the IAEA and governments across the globe were in awe to see Iran was building massive industrial-size sites, and not bothering to inform the UN nuclear watchdog.
To make a long story short, the regime in Iran only understand tough talk. Of course, this comes with a price. A price that the Iranian opposition has been paying for the past 6 decades in their struggle against the mullahs after 1979. They are willing to go to the distance and sacrifice whatever is needed to bring freedom and democracy in a non-nuclear Iran.
The question is, when the international community rise to its obligations and back the Iranian people and their resistance against the tyrannical rulers in Tehran?

© Copyright 2015 heshmat (heshmat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2057543-Iran-is-cheating-on-nuke-dead-again