*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2058026-Love-In-Cheshire-1966--Chapter-33
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Bruce.
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Romance/Love · #2058026
Lynn turns up at Brian's house.
Chapter 33




On Sunday morning, I gave my brothers a lift to The Crossways Tavern stopping on the way to pick up Jackie. I returned for my parents and waited at the Tavern until the coach departed.

         I waved them off before driving off myself after looking down at the address that my father had given me. I drove past the estate, past the petrol station and after turning into the road where Brian lived I drove slowly along until I saw his motorbike in one of the front gardens. I walked up the path feeling nervous and stood hesitant, looking at the door but then grinned, shrugged my shoulders and gave a loud heavy rap on the knocker.

         Brian's father came to the door. "Hey up, lass. Long time since I've seen you. Brian's asleep. He didn't sleep at all well last night but come in and I'll go and give him a shout."

         "No, no it's all right, Mister Conway, let him sleep. I've got things to do anyway. Can you just tell him that I called round and that I'll pick him up about five o'clock? If he doesn't want to see me then..."

         "Oh, he'll want to see you, lass. He'd be a fool not to."

         I set off back towards home to do some housework I had promised to do for my mother but first I stopped at Kathy's and we joyfully exchanged each other's news.

         I arrived just before five o'clock at Brian's house and he was already outside. He got into the car and although he seemed a bit apprehensive there was no hiding the look of joy on his face. I started speaking as I pulled away. "My Dad told me you went to see him and he told me what you said. I'm so sorry, Brian, but when I saw you with that woman I got the wrong idea and it really upset me."

         "You don't have to apologise. When I got up today and my dad gave me your message a big dark cloud left me. You don't know how happy I am just to be sitting in this car with you."

         "I think I do," I said. I smiled at him before looking back at the road. "The roses were lovely and the swimsuit was so thoughtful. I was all choked up and it made me cry."

         Brian put his hand on my knee as a sign of affection but then realising what he had done he quickly moved it away again.

         I looked at him and laughed. "You're blushing," I said.

         We pulled onto the Meadowview estate and Brian said:" So you didn't want to go to Belle View then?"

         "No, I didn't fancy it this year so Kathy's sister went in my place. Anyway, we can have a bit of time on our own at my place. They won't be back until after midnight."

         We went into my house and sat together on the sofa. Brian put his arm around me but despite what had happened with Mike I wasn't feeling nervous. I felt safe with Brian. He reached over to kiss me and our bodies moved as if they had a will of their own as we lay along the length of the sofa with our lips parting for no more than a few seconds. Brian was above me but he was avoiding the weight of his body causing me any discomfort. I locked my arms around the back of his neck as our passion intensified. A tingle ran from my heels and up the back of my legs as I felt his aroused state pressing into my thigh.

         He became embarrassed and his weight fell on me as he tried to adjust himself. I jumped at the sudden weight on me, causing us both to fall off the sofa onto the floor. We couldn't help laughing as we looked at each other's flushed faces.

         "Wow, I think I'd better go and do us some tea," I said. As I stood up Brian rose up onto his knees and took hold of my hand.

         "I do love you, Lynn," he said. I had heard the words before, the words all the boys said when they dated me but this time they sounded different. They sounded sincere. I had eagerly awaited them hoping they would come. The words whizzed around in my head. I wanted to dance around the house, I wanted to walk down the street with a huge banner but most of all I wanted to take him upstairs to my bedroom.

         I couldn't do that. What would he think of me? I looked down at him on his knees holding my hand like a knight, the bold Sir Brian about to propose to his princess. "I love you too, Brian. I think I've loved you since you stopped me that time at the bus terminus. Now get up off your knees you big girl's blouse. You can help me in the kitchen."

         I wanted to cook Brian a large fry-up but he was still full from the roast dinner his mother had made and he told me he would be happy with a bacon sandwich. He was also happy that it would also be quicker to cook and eat allowing us to return to romance all the earlier.

         When we returned to the living room, I turned the radio on and we danced for a while. I became embarrassed when Brian stopped dancing and picked up a silver-framed photograph of me sparring in my full kit when I was ten. Brian put the photograph back and grinned as he teasingly put up his fists to spar with me. He managed to block my punches but must have realised that I wanted to impress him and score a point so he let one of my right hooks past and my fist smashed against his face. My hands went to my mouth and my eyebrows rose as I realised how hard I had hit him.

         Brian held a hand to his mouth, surprised that I was able to punch so hard. He laughed and after picking me up in his arms he lay me back down onto the sofa. He knelt down and reached over me not lying clumsily above me as he had done earlier. There was no hesitation and we began kissing each other with the same passion as when we had parted earlier. He moved a hand down the side of my ribcage and I thought he was fighting hard against the urge to reach onto my breasts in case I thought him too forward. His kisses traced a path across my cheek, stopping at my ear his teeth began to pull gently and nibble teasingly on my earlobe.

         I felt a complete harmony with him. My excitement rising as I felt his breath in my ear, his hand slowly moving up and down the side of my body. The suspense of his hand avoiding my intimate areas adding to my excitement. My desire was reaching a point that I had never dreamed possible and I pulled his head round to kiss him. My lips were tingling as I kissed him wildly, my body craving his touch. Nothing else mattered. I suddenly pulled away and stood up. I walked over to turn off the radio before walking back across the room to open the door. I turned to look at him, my eyes glazed, my face flushed and my mouth tightly closed expressionless. He walked over to take my hand and we went up to my bedroom.

         I walked across to my hi-fi and put on my Rolling Stones, Aftermath, record, just turning the volume high enough to give us some background music. "What a drag it is getting old," I sang along with the track. When I turned around Brian was already undressed and in my bed. I laughed as my frock tumbled to the floor but I stopped undressing and looked over at him. Both of us were slightly embarrassed and Brian made a joke out of turning to face the wall while I removed my underwear. I joined him in bed and he turned to kiss me. Our embarrassment melted away as we swiftly progressed to a state of high passion.

         His hand moved slowly up from my waist to my breasts. I tugged lightly at his hair as I felt his hand gently caressing me. Our toes touched and teased our feet as the soft velvety flesh of my legs moved against the beefy flesh of his. He began to move a hand slowly back down my ribs. Our tongues touched briefly as his hand moved past my navel and inched further down my body. My hips flinched and then trembled when his fingertips reached my mound of short blonde hair, nervously moving my own hand up the inside of his thigh. Our breathing became short and urgent. We could feel each other's heart pounding forcefully. We were a moment from reaching into each other's private and fully aroused areas. We heard the shout.

         "Lynn, are you up there?"

         We looked at each other for a few seconds as if frozen in a state of shock and then shot up quickly pulling the bed covers up to our necks.

         My mother hearing the music was already making her way up the stairs. "I thought you were going out. We had to come home on the train. Your stupid father has twisted his ank..." Her face displayed her astonishment as she stared at the two scarlet faces looking back at her from behind the blankets.

         "Mum! Where's Dad, is he with you?" I was afraid for Brian, thinking that things could turn nasty if my father walked in behind her.

         My mother looked at the record player. "Look at that stupid girl. At least they're playing the right song." She turned the record player off and then walked back out to the landing. "I think you had better leave, lad, don't you?" she said, before closing the door.

         I was in a panic as I leaped out of bed. We both dressed quickly and then crept down the stairs hoping that we wouldn't have to run the gauntlet past my father as we left. I opened the front door. "I'm just running Brian home," I shouted. "I'll come straight back." I closed the door and we hurried to the car.

         Brian looked at me as I was driving noticing my worried look. "I'll go back with you if you like," he said. "We'll face them together."

         "No, Brian. I think it's better if I see them by myself. God only knows what my dad will say." I pulled up outside Brian's house but left the engine running.

         "Do you want to come in for a while?"

          "No, I'd better get back. Might as well get it over with." I began to regret taking Brian to my bedroom and not because my mother had caught us but because I felt that he might now think less of me. "I'm sorry if I've disappointed you. I don't usually behave like that."

         "Hey, I don't want to hear talk like that. It was special. We're special. I love you, Lynn. I love you so much." He put his arm around me and pulled me close to him. "Anyway, we didn't do anything more than you see some couples doing in the back row of the pictures. The only difference is we didn't have any clothes on."

         I laughed. "Are you upset that we didn't, we didn't do it?"

         "Before your mum came in I felt wonderful just being in bed so close to you and we've still got our first time to look forward to. I won't get pushy. Whenever you're ready will be fine by me. I'm in heaven just kissing you."

         I gave a laugh as I moved forward with my lips stopping inches from his. "Here comes heaven," I said. We kissed slowly and gently for a while before I eased away. "I'd better go, Brian. I'll pop round and see you tomorrow if I'm still in one piece."



         I stood by the living room door. I could hear the television and the sound of my mother doing something in the kitchen. I had been standing for a short while, wondering which one of them I should face first. I walked into the living room and looked at my father sitting in his chair with one leg up on a stool.

         "What a fool your dad is, princess. I'm lucky I never broke me bloody neck." He was explaining how he had stumbled, but I wasn't listening that much. I was surprised that he had not mentioned Brian and I was still waiting for him to explode.

         "Where's the boys?" I said.

         "They're okay. They're in company. It wasn't worth spoiling their day. John across the road said he'll see them home off the coach."

         "I'll just go and see what Mum's doing." I started walking towards the door.

         "Oh, by the way," my father said. "I don't really want lads up in your bedroom. I know your mum said you were only listening to records but you can't risk it with lads. Look what happened with the other fellow."

         "Brian wouldn't take liberties like that, Dad."

         "Maybe not, but anyway, I've told your mum I'd buy a radiogram so you can listen to your records down here."

         "Oh, thanks, Dad. That'll be great." I walked over and kissed my dad on the cheek before setting off to face my mother.

         When I walked into the kitchen my mother was standing by the window looking out into the darkness. I sat down with my left hand resting on the table nervously fiddling with my car keys. "Thanks, Mum," I said.

         "You don't have to thank me. I didn't do it for your benefit. That lad's had enough problems. Can you imagine what would have happened if it had been your father that had walked into your bedroom?"

         "Dad would have knocked."

         "Don't get cocky, Lynn. I'm not in the mood."

         "We didn't do anything, Mum."

         "Do you think I'm stupid?"

         "No, all right perhaps we would have done but you came home before anything happened." I was upset and desperately trying to stop myself from crying but the teardrops formed in my eyes anyway. I wasn't upset because of what my mother might say; I had been told off many times. I was upset because my mother was still standing at the window with her back to me. I had never felt such coldness from her before.

         "Well, it's a good job we came home when we did then, isn't it. I saw your clothes scattered over the floor. In a bloody hurry were you? I didn't know you were doing those sort of things, Lynn, really I didn't."

         "I'm in love with Brian. He's special to me. I'm not dirty, Mum. Please don't make me feel dirty."

         It was obvious from my voice that I was upset and my mother wasn't far from tears herself. She turned from the window and walked across to sit opposite me, both her hands resting on mine. "I don't mean to hurt you, Lynn. When I saw you with Mike, I saw my little girl being attacked. I became defensive and protective. I knew that you were relieved to see me. When I saw you tonight, I saw a young woman, a young woman that didn't want me there. I knew that I was losing you. It hurts me to know that I have to let you go. I hate the thought of you going off to get married someday and I only see you once a month or something when you call round for Sunday dinner."

         "It won't be like that, Mum. It'll never be like that. I love you, Mum, you're the greatest friend I'll ever have." I put a hand up to wipe a tear from my cheek the same moment my mother did the same. We both laughed.

         "You're so like me, Lynn. So like me when I was young."

         "I know, Mum, and I'm very proud of that."

         "I think I'll make a pot of tea, but first come and give your silly old mum a cuddle."



         The following week, Brian spent a little more time at my house getting to know my family and I spent some time at Brian's house. We kissed many times during the week but always managed to keep control of our desires.

         I was packing my small suitcase on Friday evening. "Will you be back for dinner on Sunday?" my mother asked.

         "I don't know, but don't do me any. I can always cook myself something if we're back early."

         "Cumberland, I like it up there. Brian's uncle is lucky living there. Are you sure you'll be all right driving all that way in the morning?"

         "I'm leaving the car at Brian's house. We'll all go up in his dad's car."

         "Oh, good," my mother said with obvious relief.

         Brian called at my house and we thought we would pop down for a couple of drinks in The Ring O'Bells. We were just about to walk into the bar when Kenny walked out with Judy.

         We didn't talk for long. They were going to meet some friends at a rock'n'roll club in Liverpool.

         We got our drinks from the bar and walked into the small room. Badger and Adrian were sitting at a table with Pat and Kathy.

         "Where have you two been? " Kathy said.

         "We've been packing. We're going away for a couple of days."

         "Oooh, dirty weekend, ay kid?" Badger remarked.

         "No, we're going with Lynn's mum and dad," Brian replied.

         Pat looked across at Badger. "You can have a dirty weekend, my love."

         "Oooo, I'll look forward to that," he said.

         "Yeah, they've drained the canal, go and jump in the flipping mud."

         "Shall we get off to Minstrels then?" Adrian asked.

         "Bit early for Minstrels," Brian said.

         "Yes, well Kathy's going to teach me to dance while it's quiet."

         "Do you fancy coming?" Badger asked us.

         "No, I don't want a lot to drink," I said.

         "And I'm going to have an early night," Brian said.

         Our friends got up to leave. "Don't forget to come here on my birthday next Thursday," Pat said. "I'm having a party in here. Those friends of yours, Kenny and Judy are coming and a gang from the bakery. We'll really liven this place up."

         "And I'm fetching Jackie and your brother," Kathy said.

         "But they're underage," Brian said, causing laughter from our friends.

         "Have a nice weekend," Kathy said. "Be good."

         Badger gave a laugh. "If you can't be good, be careful."

         Pat smiled. "If you can't be careful, buy a flipping pram."



         It was ten o'clock the next morning when the Austin Cambridge set off from Brian's house for the pleasant journey up to Cumberland. His father pipped the horn and waved as he passed my green Mini coming in the opposite direction.

         I knocked at Brian's door with my weekend bag at my side. Brian couldn't hide the beaming smile when he opened the door.

         "Hello, I've booked a room for the weekend," I said.

         "I'm sorry, madam, we're overbooked. I'm afraid you'll have to share."

         "Well," I said, "let's hope your father doesn't twist his ankle then."

 Love In Cheshire 1966. Chapter 34.  (18+)
Final Chapter.
#2058028 by Bruce.


© Copyright 2015 Bruce. (brucef at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2058026-Love-In-Cheshire-1966--Chapter-33