*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2058816-Disability--Value-Systems
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Essay · Political · #2058816
The state of your having or not having a disability and your value and belief systems
The state of having a disability is not equivalent to the maintaining of Liberal ideology. The situation is simply that the majority of politicians who lean leftwards tend to support government programs, which in turn aid those with disabilities. On the contrary, more right-wing politicians tend to favor less government programs. This, in turn, means less government aid for those with disabilities.

One can have conservative social and moral beliefs, yet be fiscally and politically liberal. On the other hand, one can be very conservative with financial and political issues, but more liberal socially and morally. Nevertheless, on Election Day, the Left-leaning candidate is the one who will most likely support government programs that could help those with disabilities. However, just because a given disabled man needs government programs to aid him does not mean necessarily that he agrees with the Liberals on social and moral issues. A person can have a disability, as well as need and agree with government support, but simultaneously oppose abortion and same sex marriage.

If you have a disability, then that state does not determine necessarily your value systems and beliefs. We need to understand that.
© Copyright 2015 Gentleman (daniel_eakin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2058816-Disability--Value-Systems