*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2059363-The-Parable-of-the-Roommates
Rated: E · Short Story · Relationship · #2059363
A parable about an older and younger roommate.
An older man became the roommate of a younger fellow in an assisted living home. During the first few days they were roommates, the senior laid in his bed and slept much, and this concerned the youth. The youthful man was uneasy because when the gentleman was awake he did not speak any words and his eyes were sad. So he worried something was wrong with his roommate, such as he was sick with an illness, and he asked the man what he could do to help him. But the elder laid in his bed and without an answer, he was quiet. In the next moment, suddenly, the young man remembered music was uplifting to many people.
Therefore, the youthful man went to his computer and played for his roommate the young man’s favorite Elvis Presley song. Immediately, the senior raised up from his bed and he said, “I really love listening to Elvis music, do you have anymore we can listen to?” The younger man was happy as he greatly enjoyed listening to Elvis music, and now he had someone to enjoy it with.
© Copyright 2015 DW Olsen (dwolsen56 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2059363-The-Parable-of-the-Roommates