*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2059549-Dear-You
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Letter/Memo · Adult · #2059549
Letter to an Ex.

I have forgiven you but I can not forget.
Youth is sometimes a curse.
We were immature.
We were wrong for each other. I do not recall any tender loving moments, do you?
I was an embarrassment for you. You humiliated me. You never complimented me.
You didn't like my style of dress yet you took this body raw without regard for what it needed.
We were young.
I think I tried being tender with you.
I felt there was nothing I could do right.
We weren't a couple. Were we?
I was already an insecure person with self image issues and our 'relationship' exacerbated these issues.
There are many details that I do not recall....like any of the good ones.
Did we have good moments? Please refresh my memory. All my memories are encounters of none loving moments. Even when we had sex, that rough raw sex.
It has been over a decade but the memories have flooded my mind with an unstoppable current of hurt.
We were young, I know.
Things happen for a reason, I want to thank you. Why? I wrote you a silly, letter declaring my feelings, or more so complaining about all the the hurtful ways you treated me. You bashed the letter ridiculed and humiliated me on the subway rather unapologetically.
You were right for correcting all my grammatical errors, but wrong in your execution and yet that wrongness has pushed me to be a writer.
I am an artist in the making who still makes many errors, but thats okay with me.
I have found a passion for writing and your critique pushed me towards my passion.
Every time I fall into my habits of spitting out words on paper I remember that single most pivotal day on the subway.
Therefore, here's to the experiences you and I had together and the moments that we shared that are unforgettable and were life altering for me and the path into womanhood, self-love and integrity. Thank you.
© Copyright 2015 Juana Garcia (creative0ut at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2059549-Dear-You