*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2059875-A-darker-shade
Rated: 13+ · Draft · Dark · #2059875
The backstory of Arkyn Shade
Sea fairing air, pints for the picking, a thriving city...Baldur's Gate. The mark of a black dragon provides sanctuary for thousands of day to day individuals that dwell in the glory of fortitude. Among the masses of the shrouded city live one bright eyed family destined for greatness. The father, Thadius Shade was a well known priest of which the people came for guidance in their life towards a path to the bearing arms of the angels. The mother, Margret Shade was a saint of the cobblestone who prayed on the sick and lnfortunate, producing soothing melodies to keep harmony flourishing within the lungs of Baldur. Then there is their son, Arkyn Shade. An average child with an everyday agenda to live and be unleashed to carpe diem.

Everything seemed amicable until one unfaithful day in the midst of what would be the coldest winter day of Baulder's Gate history. It was late, the snowstorm raged, everyone was amidst the comfort of their own homes except for the Shade family. The church was their haven for the night, bringing refuge to the less fortunate that were the street urchins of Baldur. Tending to the needs of the lower class, the Shade's received a mysterious knocking at the sanctuary doors. Upon answering stood a cloaked child with what seemed to be an odd aura around her, though not condemning features alone the Shade's allowed her in away from the clutches of death.
© Copyright 2015 Garth Skrzycki (arkynshade at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2059875-A-darker-shade