*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2060090-SpaceMen
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2060090
What do you do when you only child is about to be shipped off to another SpaceColony?

     The Moon sign is so beautiful. Mostly because of the beads on it.

The End?


     Just kidding.*Smile* This is my real story.


SpaceMen


     Graice had on her best beads. It was a neckless with the most beautiful beads she had ever seen. She got it from a Handmade Shop when she first moved to the Moon colony.

     After making sure she was read to go Graice left her dwelling. She only had a short distance to walk to the end of the street. Once there she looked up at the sign. “Sign, sign, sign - there are nothing but signs. And none of them tell you where you want to go. She had been here six years. And she still didn’t know her way around that Moon colony.

     Her only child just graduated. He was now a SpaceMan. And he was about to be shipped off to another SpaceColony of Barracin. Torrain would only be there a few days before he started his military career.

     First she was going to meet Torrain as the Moon SpacePort. Then they would go to a fancy Eating Place. And then she was going to take him to a party – whether he liked it not.

     It’s took her a long time to read sign after sign, but she finally found her way to the Moon SpacePort. And she got there just in time. His Military Shuttle just landed.

     There were a lot of SpaceMen coming out of that Military Shuttle. And Torrain was one of the last ones to come out. One look at him in his SpaceMan uniform she couldn’t help herself from crying. She cried so hard she lost her beads. When the neckless hit the Moon the beads went everywhere.


The End?




© Copyright 2015 PureSciFi (spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2060090-SpaceMen