*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2060446-The-Rock-of-Death
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2060446
What are you going to do - when there is nothing that you can do?

The Rock of Death


     Commander Haivin was in his Sleeping Quarters. And he was looking out his viewport – at a large rock, Comet, headed right for them.

     Haivin walks over to a chair and hits a button on its arm. “What’s the status on that Comet?”

     The viewport changes to a monitor. On that monitor is PyRot. He was still looking into his Scanner when he said, “We can’t stop it from hitting us Commander.”

     “Why not? I can understand why we can’t until it gets a little closer,” said Haivin. “But once it gets within range why can’t we use the Lasers or Laser Missiles?”

     “We could use the Lasers to split it in half,” said PyRot. “But that Comet has to be within fifty thousand miles in order to do it. And we will be too close to it by then to escape the results of splitting it in half.”

     Haivin sits down on his Sleeper. “Then we have to go around it.”

     “But we can’t do that either Commander,” said Brana. She was the Pilot. “That Comet has some kind of a pull on us.”

     “Then I guess we are all going to die,” said Haivin looking at the picture on the side table next to his Sleeper. “If you have anyone to say goodbye to you only have a few minutes to do it.

     A few minutes later PyRot was walking down a dark corridor. He was also looking a picture as enters a dark room. The effects of that Comet was already affecting thm. Most of it was dark now. PyRot barely got into that dark room – when the Comet hits them. The last thing PyRot saw was the picture as it falls to the floor in front of him.


The End?




© Copyright 2015 PureSciFi (spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2060446-The-Rock-of-Death