*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2060642-Knock-Knock-Woos-There
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Comedy · #2060642
A brief conversation with a lexically-challenged ghost. Dialogue only.
(Tied 1st Place - "The Dialogue 500 Oct. 2015 – woo!)


"Hey! What the...?"

"WooOOooOOoooo!"

"Who is that? Who's there?"

"WooOOoooo!"

"Uh... woo who?"

"WOOOOOOO!"

"A ghost! Holy sheets!"

"Wooo! Woo woo woo!"

"... um, can you... can you use, y'know, words? Words I can understand?"

"WooOOoo..."

"No, I... Timmy fell down the well?"

"Wooo-wooooo!"

"All aboard?"

"WOOO!"

"Sorry! Sorry. Right, we're communicationizing."

"Woo...?"

"Well, no, it's a made-up word. Sometimes I gibberify when I'm nerverous...."

"... woo."

"Yeah, I heard it. So... uh... do you have a message for me? From the Great Beyond or some-such?"

"Woo-oo."

"Really? No dire warnings of things yet to pass?"

"Woo, woo-oo."

"Hmmm... are you trapped between worlds and somehow in need of my assistance to cross-over from this miserable existance?"

"Woo? Woo-oo!"

"Huh. Well then I give up. Sorry, but I can't speak woo. I did take French in high school, but that's less 'woo' and more 'woo-la-la'!"

"Woo-oo-oo-oo!"

"Well, someone's got a funny bone! I like it! Say, speaking of French, have you ever tried escarghost? Unless the idea of eating snails makes you woozy.

"Woo! Woo! Woo-woo!"

"Yeah! That's the spirit! I mean, you the spirit!"

"Woo-oo-oo-oo!"

"Thank you! You've been a great audience! And I'm so glad you're not the kind of ghost who says 'Boo!'"

"Wooooo!"

"Yup, I can still knock 'em dead. I – wait, where're you going?"

"Woooo."

"Oh. Okay, yeah, I've got stuff to do, too. Nice speaking to woo – I mean, spooking to you – I mean speaking to you!"

"Woo! Woo-oo!"

"Yup. Bye-bye."

"WooOOoo
OOooOOoooooo...."

"... well, that was odd. That's it! Memo to self: next time you make chili, lay off the ghost peppers!"


End

© Copyright 2015 BD Mitchell (anigh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2060642-Knock-Knock-Woos-There