*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2060697-The-Painting-with-a-Broken-Heart
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2060697
Some paintings can have a life of there own. This is one of them.

The Painting with a Broken Heart


     Volla was staring at the painting. It was a painting of a heart. And the heart was broken. Instead of the normal wood or metal frame around it this one had a lace frame.

     “I can’t take my eyes off this painting,” said Volla. “How much do you want for this painting?”

     Billi was standing right next to Volla. She pointed at a plaque looking rectangle under the painting. “The cost of all of my paintings are right there.”

     Volla had to bend down to see the cost. Suddenly, she stiffens back up in shock, “Why does it cost so much?”

     “It cost so much because Painter died right after she completed it,” said Billi. “She didn’t even have time to sign it on the back. Some say she died of a broken heart. And she knew she was about to die. That’s why her last painting was a painting of a broken heart.”

     “I love this painting – especially the lace frame,” said Volla. “How much for just the lace frame?”

     “The cost of the lace is the same as the painting. They go together,” said Billi. “She, the Painter, didn’t even have time to frame her last painting. And the only frame that fit it painting there was a lace painting.”

     “I’m very interested in getting this painting,” said Volla. “But that’s too high for me.”

     “I’d like to lower the cost,” said Billi. “But I can’t – especially on this painting.”

     Volla didn’t say a word. She just left with her head down.

*******

     After the store closed for the day the heart closed up to make it unbroken again. Then it started pulsating.

     The next morning when the store opened the painting was broken again.


Then End?


© Copyright 2015 PureSciFi (spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2060697-The-Painting-with-a-Broken-Heart