*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2060729-Literary-Devices
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Assignment · Fantasy · #2060729
Bonus assignment 6 for NaNo Prep Mo
Narrative Hook
During the prologue Prince Matrim Hallowfang and the daughter of the Royal Magus Gwen Maneherder disappear after leaving a ball to celebrate the sixteenth anniversary of Matrim's birth and the beginning of his two year engagement to Lady Brianne Starmane.

Beginning
Birth of Taurus Longhorn, Brianne Blackreaver, Matrim Hallowfang, and Gwen Maneherder.

False Protagonists
In the first few chapters the story seems to revolve around the adults in the main characters' lives. However after a while the story shifts to the true protagonists of the story.

Climax
Gwen and Matrim are caught having a private moment on the eve of the sixteenth anniversary of his birth by the hand maid of his betrothed. She reveals herself as Empress Demona of Reaven and casts a spell on them, which slowly removes them from existence. As her spell does its work she curses them to be reborn during the same life time every hundred years; they will know each other as close friends, but if they attempt to take the relationship any further one or both shall suffer a tragic end.

Repetitive Designation
Throughout the story the possibility of Matrim and Gwen being together as a couple is constantly discouraged.

Ending
After the disappearance of his son King Jarrod accuses Gwen's mother, Morgan Terrashaper, his Royal Magus, of aiding her in kidnapping Matrim. Morgan pleads guilty and before she is executed casts on last spell to bind her soul to Gwen's in the hope that when Gwen is reborn she will be there for her. In order to maintain good relations with the kingdom he thinks Brianne is from, Jarrod takes her as his wife. After Demona was certain Brianne conceived she used her disguise as the new Royal Magus to poison Jarrod.

Cliff Hanger
Though everyone in Penterra has gone on with their lives after Matrim and Gwen's disappearance they still have no idea what truly happened that night.


© Copyright 2015 Vixey Todd (jlh1982 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2060729-Literary-Devices