*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2060906-CHOW
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #2060906
at the end of a friendship.
During recess, Will told me about the cave. “Let’s go today! The rain finally stopped, and there’s not a cloud in the sky. Just you and me. It’s a secret cave. No one else in the world knows about it,” he said. “How will you find it again?” I asked. “Simple. We cross old man Jenkins farm. Right before you enter the woods there is a daisy. Just one. Weird, right?” Will said. “We enter there. There is a path where the grass is worn down. We follow it, we find the cave. It’s at the bottom of a small hill.” “What’s in the cave, Will?” I asked. “That’s what we are going to find out,” Will said, smiling.

After school, we went over the fence and onto Mr. Jenkins farm. We had to be careful. He was a mean and scary man, so we were quiet. He never saw us. We found the single white daisy and we entered the woods. There were no footprints on the path. It looked like something had been drug through the woods a long time ago. It was still daytime, but it was dark under the trees. “Hey, Will—maybe there is buried treasure in there,” I said. “Yeah,” Will said, “maybe there is a prize.”

Then I saw the mouth of the cave. It was at the very bottom of the hill, just like Will said. Hidden behind long grass. I thought it might be an abandoned mine. “I’m not going in there,” I said, suddenly afraid. “Oh, yes you are!” Will said, pushing me forward. I fell in the mud and slid down into the cave. It was so very dark. “Tell me when you see it,” Will said. “It told me its name is Behometh and he is very hungry.”

(300 words)
© Copyright 2015 lauraispracticingpiano (laurafoley at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2060906-CHOW