*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2060911-Unraveling-OZ
Rated: E · Outline · Fantasy · #2060911
"Picture a Story" contest submission. Book jacket description.
Everyone knows the story, "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz," but when pieces of the yellow brick road splashed with red begin showing up, it leaves a rural college town scrambling. Literary professors and professionals are left with the task to decipher unexplained tornados leaving a specific pattern of destruction, the skeleton of the so-called Wicked Witch of the West - or is it The Witch of the East - that appeared overnight in a cornfield, and one ruby slipper with the most unexpected name etched on it found in an abandoned truck. No one seems to notice an autistic boy, the only living ancestor of Frank Baum, and the phenomenon that everything that he touches turns emerald green. "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" is more than a book, it's a prophecy, and they got the story all wrong.
© Copyright 2015 Anne Varez (annevarez at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2060911-Unraveling-OZ