*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2060957-Patrick-Selfs-Introduction
Rated: E · Fiction · Biographical · #2060957
Patrick's Introduction
PATRICK SELF’S INTRODUCTION

I’m here because Rachel told me I have to introduce myself. My name is Patrick Self. Obviously. What other kind of information could you possibly need? Do you want to know about my age (44) or my perfectly toned body? (I work out seven days a week, lifting weights, circuit training, whatever I feel like). I have a degree in Psychology (a BSc Hons) and I worked incredibly hard to achieve this. I am now working as a psychologist in in the NHS. I feel passionately about helping others less fortunate than me. You see, it could so easily have been me. My father drank a lot. When he was drunk, he used to hit my mother. She would just let him, until one day I got in the way. He threw me across the kitchen and broke my wrist. I didn’t cry, I wouldn’t give him the satisfaction. When we returned from the hospital, my mother packed our things and we ran away. Just her and me. We found a house, she worked her fingers to the bone and I shone at school. I never let the playground bullies affect me. Their words were meaningless a far as I was concerned. I knew I was superior and that, one day, they would be shining my shoes! And I was right. Of course, I always am.

I suppose you’re wondering about Caitlin. It’s simple; we’re in love. I knew from the first time she attended my Compassion Focussed Therapy Group. She was reticent, quiet, thoughtful. But when we locked eyes, the passion was extraordinary. I knew we would be together. We just need to sort out that husband problem of hers. He’s the only thing standing in our way. But I’ve a feeling I just need to be patient. He will trip himself up, I’m sure. How wonderful it will be. I am so good at picking up shattered pieces.
© Copyright 2015 Choconut ~ House Targaryen (purplesunday at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2060957-Patrick-Selfs-Introduction