*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2061251-Dear-Diary
Rated: E · Other · Contest Entry · #2061251
We Write for kids- use "ghost", "skeleton", "caterpillar", "lost puppy", and "full moon"
Date: October 31, 2015

Dear Diary,

Today was an awesome day. Guess what? We got a new pet! Well, not for always, says Daddy. Just until we can find her a home. Her name is Ghost, because her fur was grayish white when we found her. I like to call her Ghostie. Kaylie, Kelly, and I were walking back from school today, and we saw a lost puppy. She was sooo cute and tiny, but so dirty, too. So Kelly held Ghost down while I combined my school books with Kaylie's and Kelly's and we put her into my backpack.

We went back to here, since we're the closest to school, and I begged Mommy to let Ghostie stay. She said we'd have to ask Daddy. And Daddy said "Well, since your little Ghostie looks more like a skeleton than a ghost right now, I suppose we'll let her stay until we find her owner. And if we can't find her owner, we'll find her a new one."

He also said that since Kelly and Kaylie helped catch Ghostie, they'll have to come over more often to help take care of her, too. I'm happy about that because that means we get to spend more time together.

We put Ghostie in the bathtub to clean her off, but she wouldn't behave! Once we turned on the water, she jumped out of the tub and left muddy prints through the whole house. So once Daddy caught her and helped us put her back into the tub, we made sure to close the door so she wouldn't make the house muddy again.

Once Ghostie was clean, Daddy also said we had to take a shower, because we got lots of germs from carrying Ghostie before she was clean. I agreed with Daddy. I saw him wash out a dead caterpillar from Ghostie's fur! Kaylie squealed because she thought it was gross and scary.

When we finally finished washing and drying Ghostie, it was so late that the moon was up! I only noticed it because the bathroom light wasn't on but it was still so bright inside, so I looked out. It was a full moon!

Anyways, since me, Kaylie, and Kelly are around the same height, Mommy gave Kaylie and Kelly some of my clothes to borrow while she washed theirs tonight.

See why today was so awesome? I wouldn't trade it in for any other day.



Love,

Kristy
© Copyright 2015 Dragon is hiding (flamebreather at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2061251-Dear-Diary