*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2061275-Youre-Not-a-Ghost
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2061275
A 'conversation with a ghost' can be fun. Or it can be scary. You decide which this is.

You’re Not a Ghost


     “You’re a Ghost!”

     “Yes, I am. Why do you look so scared? It can’t be because I am a ghost. Because you don’t think I am a ghost. Why don’t you think I’m ghost?”

     “You don’t look like a ghost.”

     “I don’t! What is a ghost supposed to look like?”

     “A normal ghost is supposed to look like an upside down while funnel that hovers a few feet off the ground.”

     “Your right, I don’t look like a normal ghost. But you aren’t describing a normal ghost.”

     “What does a normal ghost look like?”

     “The ghost you are talking about has no body, no mind, no reason to exist. In other words, it has no soul. And a ghost with no soul can’t move on to their next life.”

     “Why don’t they have a soul?”

     “It’s because they were bad people when they existed.”

     “Everyone is bad on this planet. It’s Warrior War planet.”

     “Do I look I was bad when I existed on Lolimona?”

     “No, you look beautiful. That’s why I say you’re not a ghost.”

     “If you could see my face you would see that I am blushing – if a ghost could blush.”

     “Who are you. You look very familiar to me.”

     “There is no easy way to say this, Forri, but I am your First Mother – your real mother.”

     “You can’t be my real mother. I was still an infant when you died. In fact, whenever I am bad my father, Robbirt, blames me for her death. He says thing like ‘if only your mother was here’ or ‘your mother should be here to deal with a daughter’ and this one I like the best. ‘it all your fault you mother isn’t here today.”

     “That’s not true. Don’t listen to your father. At least not when it comes to me. He always hated me – because he thinks I forced him to become one together.”

     “How did you make him become one together?”

     “I don’t know if I should tell a girl of eleven this. But I think you are old enough to know the truth. Your father hates me because he thinks we had to become one together because I was about to have his child – you Forri.”

     “All of this doesn’t say you are my real mother.”

     “Your changing the subject again. But that’s okay. It’s true you don’t remember me because you were just an infant when I died. But you do have images of me. And Robbirt has keep me alive in your heart. That’s why look so familiar to you.”

     “If you are my mother then why are you here. I’m not dead, or about to die, am I?”

     “The answer to that question is yes and no. No, you aren’t dead or dying. But yes you will be if you don’t change your ways – and fast.”

     “I’ll do whatever you tell me to do. I’m not ready to become a ghost, no offence, yet – mother.”


The End?

© Copyright 2015 PureSciFi (spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2061275-Youre-Not-a-Ghost