*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2061376-Life-is-a-Kiss-on-the-Cheek
Rated: E · Poetry · Philosophy · #2061376
Late night thoughts
People talk of the little things in life?

What are the little things that make up life?
Life is standing on a bridge at night and watching the lights of the cars as they rush past underneath you.
Life is the sand between your toes on the beach on a hot morning.
Life is walking through a tunnel of willow trees.
Life is a sip of red wine.
Life is an E-minor chord that brings tears of joy and tears of sadness, all at the same time.
Life is realising that your favourite song always has to end.
Life is a conversation that shakes your existence to its core and flips your perspective on its head.
Life is the fickle nature of emotion.
Life is watching the stars and feeling perpetually restless, desperately seeking an answer for the big sky, and the little earth. The great sun, and the small us. The overwhelming moon, and the insignificant me.
Life is the contradiction of infinite light in the day time and an usurping darkness at night.
Life is the fairness of the blue versus the black.
Life is the unfairness of one sun versus one billion stars. A never ending stand off between night and day. Darkness and light.
Life is an extended day dream.
Life is a kiss on the cheek.


© Copyright 2015 Erickens (erickens at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2061376-Life-is-a-Kiss-on-the-Cheek