*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2061444-Agastopia
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Teen · #2061444
Learn how Aricia keeps her skin so smooth
          "Aricia, you tease," said a soft voice, gently caressing Aricia's shoulder.
          "What?" Aricia said with a chuckle. "A girl has to have her secrets. I'm no different."
          A second girl put her hands on her hips and pouted. "I've tried so many different products that the dumpster on my street is overflowing with colorful bottles and nothing works. Do you have, like, a private dealer or something?"
          "Yeah," said a third girl by the name of Autumn, "I wanna have incredible skin like you!"
          "Girls, girls," Aricia chuckled, a bit intimidated by all the sudden pressure. "It's like I've told you all before, it's an old family secret. I can't just give it away, even for close friends like you. Sorry, it's just tradition." She reached down and grabbed her backpack off the floor. "I'll catch you girls in chemistry class," she said, waving to the three girls as she left.
          "God, her skin's is so smooth and perfect. She has to be using some sort of foreign product," Oriana, the first girl, whispered to the other two once Aricia had turned the corner.
          "I bet it's Greek," the second girl, Bianca, said.
          "What could be in it?" Autumn asked, "I've never seen a product work so well before. Her and her secrets!"
          "But she won't tell us. We've tried for three years now and all we've got is that it's a 'family secret,'" Bianca said with air quotes, trying to imitate Aricia.
          "I know!" Oriana chimed in. "Her birthday's coming up this Saturday, right?" The other two nodded their heads. "We'll convince Aricia to have a slumber party with us and some other friends. Then, when everyone's asleep, we can raid her stuff and find out what she uses."
          "Brilliant!" Autumn shouted in excitement, then lowered her voice and blushed as red as her hair when she realized how loud she was being. "I actually haven't had a slumber party at Aricia's since we were kids. Even if we don't find out what product she uses, it'll be nice to do something we used to do as kids." The other two nodded, despite only being friends with Aricia for three years.
          The three of them parted ways until lunchtime came around. The high school cafeteria was buzzing with conversations about yesterday's math test, today's specials, and how Mr. Ronan looked particularly potato-like today. Autumn, Bianca, and Oriana sat in the corner by the windows, their usual spot. Aricia came over carrying a sandwich and an apple, sitting down at the table between Bianca and Oriana.
          "You three seem awfully chatty today. Is there something I missed?" Aricia asked, taking a bite of her sandwich.
          "Yes, actually," Bianca said cheerfully. "With your birthday coming up, we thought-"
          "We could have a slumber party at your place," Oriana finished.
          "Like you and I used to," Autumn said with a soft grin.
          "Awww, that's so sweet of you three," Aricia said after swallowing. "Would it just be the four of us?"
          "I mean, you can invite more people if you want. The more the merrier," Autumn said, radiating a pearly smile from her crimson lips.
          Aricia took another bite of her sandwich before responding. "I could probably invite Jacky from chemistry, Dollie from bio, Pryce from US History..."
          She droned on and on until Oriana finally interrupted her. "Sounds like it will be quite the slumber part. I can't wait."
          "Me either," Bianca agreed, finishing her soup. "Well, Oriana and I have to head off to computer design. We'll catch you two around." With that, Bianca and Oriana both got up and left. "She's inviting a lot more than I expected," Bianca whispered once they were out of earshot. "Are you sure we'll have time to snoop around?"
          "Relax. I thought about that too while I was in calc today. That's why I stole these," Oriana said, showing Bianca a white bottle in her jacket pocket.
          "Where did you get these?" Bianca asked in an even more hushed tone.
          "That weird kid with the twitch in class. I snatched it right out of his backpack when no one was looking." She rattled the plastic bottle. "We'll make everyone drinks and then slip these right inside. No one will suspect a thing."
          "But, isn't that a bit extreme?"
          "For flawless skin like Aricia? We've been close to her for three years and haven't gotten anywhere. I'm sick of waiting around. It's time for action. Just don't share drinks, alright?" Oriana patted Bianca on the back.
          Bianca nodded. "Alright. For beauty."
          "For beauty."
          The rest of the week seemed to drone on forever with Saturday taking it's leisurely time for everyone. That Saturday morning, Aricia was walking back on an old sod road from the grocery store, three bags of groceries swinging at her side. The warmth of the May sun made her cheeks rosy as her brown curls bounced with each step. It had been years since her last slumber party, especially with Autumn. Would she still remember? She better not forget like last time. It was horrible when they had to improvise. She sighed and tried to have a bit more faith in her childhood friend. She shooed away a flock of pigeons from her front lawn once she got to her house and opened the door.
          "Aricia darling, is that you?" asked a voice from the kitchen.
          "Yes, Mama. It's me," Aricia replied, setting the grocery bags on the table. "I have your change." She walked into the kitchen and hugged her mom, pressing herself close. "Smooth as always, Mama."
          "An Oleander never misses a day," her mom said with a chuckle, taking the change from Aricia's hand. "How is your supply? Do you need more?"
          "Yes, but I'll be getting more. Autumn and some friends are coming tonight. Pryce might be coming. He fell down some stairs and broke his leg. He's fine though."
          "What a shame. He should be more careful." Her mother flipped over a few darkened patties that were in a frying pan, and then a separate regular one for Aricia and a vegan one for Autumn. "These will be done by the time that Autumn and your friends arrive, then I'll be out of your hair." She reached over and gently petted her daughter. "Happy birthday, dear."
          "Thank you, Mama," Aricia said with a smile at her mother's touch. She walked back into the dining area, humming softly as she unpacked everything.
          Autumn was the first to arrive, appearing right as the sun was setting. "Happy birthday, Aricia," she said cheerfully as she handed Aricia a golden box.
          "You didn't forget this time," Aricia said with a smile as she hugged her friend.
          "I'm so sorry about last time. Turns out it was under my cat's pillow," Autumn said with a chuckle. "You sure you'll be okay with this many people?"
          Aricia nodded as she caressed the golden box before setting it up on a shelf in the living room. "Mama made her special burgers for tonight. They're on the counter and yours is next to them, you veggie hound," Aricia said, playfully nudging her friend. "She already left, so all we can do is wait for the others to arrive." Autumn nodded and headed to get her burger, leaving Aricia's birthday card written in crimson ink on the table.
          The two of them waited for about an hour or so, talking about random things until they saw headlights appear in the driveway. Bianca and her sister stepped out of their car and headed for the front door. Oriana and three people she carpooled with arrived a few minutes after. Two more cars arrived an hour later, each carrying two people. As a surprise, even Pryce and his boyfriend made it to the party.
          "So, burgers are on the table in the dining room, as well as the drinks. Once you get your food, we'll all be meeting in the living room," Aricia directed as Pryce finally hobbled in.
          Bianca looked at Oriana and then glanced at the drinks. "Later. It's too early right now," Oriana mentioned, taking a bite of the burger. "Mhmm, this is a tasty burger. Bianca, wanna bite?"
          "I ain't hungry. I had a late lunch today," Bianca replied, instead grabbing a drink and heading to the living room.
          "Your loss," Oriana said, following her.
          Once everyone got comfortable and each had a burger, minus Bianca, the group started to give their presents to Aricia. She opened up each one carefully, smiling for everyone's camera each time she revealed the contents of the wrapping paper. Her gifts included very nice clothing, some jewelry that shined like sequins, and even a plush cat doll from Pryce. Once all the gifts were opened and the wrapping paper disposed of, they all started to gossip and talk about summer plans.
          "I'm gonna get me another drink. Anyone else want something?" Oriana asked. Everyone started to chime in their orders, which Oriana nodded at. "Bianca, can you come help me carry them all?"
          "Oh, sure," Bianca said, getting up and following Oriana to the dining hall. "You didn't forget them, right?" she asked, out of earshot.
          Oriana pulled the plastic bottle out of her jacket pocket. "Of course not. Now, it might take a bit for it to take effect, so we'll have to be patient." Bianca started to pour the drinks as Oriana plopped a pill into each of them. "Now, be careful and don't spill. We're not savages." Bianca nodded and followed Oriana back to the group.
          "...and that's when I said, 'Of course it's whole wheat.'" Pryce said while everyone burst into laughter.
          "Aww, did we miss the famous story of Pryce in the movie theater?" Bianca asked, holding several drinks.
          "Don't worry girls, I can tell it to you later," Pryce said, reaching for his drink.
          "Okay, now, who had the-" Oriana stopped as the strength in her legs suddenly gave way.
          "Oriana!" Bianca cried out, dropping the drinks she had and rushed over to Oriana's side. She heard the cries of others as they also fell over, unable to move their bodies but still capable of talking and looking.
          "What's going on!?" Oriana yelled in a panic, looking over at Aricia and Autumn who were calmly watching the events. "Call 9-1-1!"
          "I would, but they always ruin things for us," Autumn said, curling her lips upwards.
          "They do- Hey, why are you still up and moving? Didn't you have a burger?" Aricia asked, tilting her head.
          "N-No," Bianca stammered as she tried to help up Oriana. "I had a late lunch." The bottle of pills rolled from Oriana's pocket as Bianca propped her against the wall.
          Aricia stood up and walked over to the shelf where she kept the golden box. "That's a shame, Bianca. They really were delicious. Family recipe. You know the deal. Can't give away all the secrets."
          Bianca's eyes were wide with terror. She scrambled around to her purse, only to find it under Autumn's foot. "P-Please."
          "Sorry. It's nothing personal, honestly," Autumn said with a grin. "We're splitting it half and half, right?"
          "Of course."
          Bianca was frozen with fear as she saw Aricia open the contents of the golden box. A silver blade adorned at the hilt with rubies reflected the lights from the lamps across the walls. Aricia put the box back onto the shelf and walked over towards Bianca. Bianca found the strength to move, only to find herself backed closer into a corner.
          "You know, Bianca. You seem very nice. So, as payment, I'll make this painless for you. Sound good?" Before Bianca could utter a sound, Aricia sliced across Bianca's throat with one clean strike. Gurgling sounds emanated from Bianca as her body writhed and convulsed. Bubbles arose from the liquid filling her lungs and throat in a rhythmic popping. Everyone else, minus Aricia and Autumn, screamed in terror at the sight before them. They tried to escape and turn away, but it was no use. Bianca's eyes permanently fixated into a look of terror, even after she stopped squirming. Aricia took the blade and gently wiped it on Bianca's dress. "I hope that comes out. It's such a lovely dress." She picked up Bianca's body, carefully cradling her head, and set her down in front of Oriana.
          "What? Why? Bianca..." Oriana cried, tears rolling down her cheek.
          "You've been quite naughty, haven't you?" Aricia asked, picking up the plastic bottle. "You were so very desperate to learn my secret, huh? Autumn, come here." Autumn nodded, stepped around Pryce's panicking body, and kneeled beside Aricia. "I think I can share the technique with you. That's why it hasn't been working for you. There's a proper way to do it." She turned her attention to Oriana. "So, you wanna know how I get my skin so soft? I guess I'll stop teasing you."
          She twirled the knife like a pencil in her fingers and cut a fine line into Bianca's right shoulder, deep into the tissue and muscle fibers. Aricia handed the blade to Autumn, who held it tight. Aricia, carefully, dug her pointer and middle finger into the incision, pulling them back out, soaked in that crimson ink.
          "You see, you cover your fingers with the 'product' first. Start with only these two fingers. Any more and it's just messy. Next, you take your fingers in a circle and spread it on your skin." Aricia demonstrated by putting the bloody fingers to her cheek and swirling Bianca's blood in circles on her cheek. "Do this daily and you should start seeing results soon."
          "That's why it wasn't working for me!" Autumn chuckled, rolling her eyes. "I kept using my entire palm."
          Aricia chuckled and dipped her fingers into the gash on Bianca's neck. "You only need two fingers." She pulled out her crimson covered fingers and brought them near, not her cheek, but Oriana's. "It takes less than half an hour to do each day."
          Oriana whimpered in terror as Aricia's fingers got closer and closer. She tried to pull away, but her body wouldn't comply. Oriana felt the warm touch of Aricia's finger and Bianca's blood on her left cheek.
          "Just a little bit of 'product' on your fingers and press it into your skin. Just rub... rub...rub."
© Copyright 2015 Volteair (wolfebane at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2061444-Agastopia