*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2061899-Flash-Fiction-Contest1015
Rated: ASR · Other · Children's · #2061899
Entry to a flash ficton contest. Prompt is that all three of these words must be used.
10/15/2015: Flash Fiction Prompt: Bubbles, Teacup, Mouse



Deadly Encounter




“Momma, momma!”

“What Zane?” she said. “Mommy is busy right now, honey.”

“Where are my bubbles?”

“I don’t know, darling,” she replied. “Just give mommy a minute.”

Persistent and not to be put off, Zane headed in the direction of his mother’s voice which was into the kitchen.

“I want bubbles,” he said racing into the kitchen. “Bubbles!”

Zane ran all around buzzing like a bee and flapping his elbows for the proper effect.

Startled, Zane’s mother dropped the trap with the dead mouse from her hand onto the floor and awaited her son’s reaction. Without time enough to prepare she braced herself.

“Ahhhhhhhhhh!”

The sound split through the air like that of a high speed freight train attempting to come to an emergency stop.

“It’s okay, hon!” she breathed, while caressing his back. “Calm down.”

Zane broke away and ran as far away from the scene and his mother as he could. Hot tears ran down his cheeks. He let himself relax against the wall behind him and slowly lowered himself to the floor where he continued to sob silently now.

“Come on, Zanie. It’s dead and can’t hurt you.”

His mother got down to his level and took him into her embrace. “Hey, why don’t we play your favorite game I’m a Little Teapot. I’ll clean this mess and we can get your teacup and the tea ready”

“Mom?” she released him so she could see him.

“Yes?”

“Can I choose which teacup and pour the tea?”

“Of course you may!”

“Oh and don’t tell Jimmy about this,” he said earnestly “I wouldn’t what him to know we had a mouse in our house.”

“Of course, honey!”
© Copyright 2015 Writers Write So I Write (cabwrites at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2061899-Flash-Fiction-Contest1015