*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2061993-Ghost
Rated: E · Other · Experience · #2061993
Daily nonsense yet good personal experience to learn from. Life always has a lesson.

Something she's always sworn off and refused to go through was what truly did happen. At first she refused to relent and fought with all she had against the feelings and the emotions. She went in with a clear mind and even prophesied the outcome. She practically sealed her own fate without realizing it. What was supposed to last a week at most lasted seven months. Seven months with no physical contact whatsoever only the occasional phone call and video chat, with non-stop texting. Who knew one could get attached to another human being that easily? She sure as hell didn't. They all have the same game and although she predicted and voiced her objections, in the end he managed to get under her skin.

Let's face it the only reason Ghost managed to get past her barriers was only because she let him. She was vulnerable. She wanted what she knew she should've just ignored in the beginning. Ghost proved to be unfaithful and untrustworthy. He lied to her from the start, but she honestly didn't see anything wrong with it because they didn't have "anything" or so she adamantly kept telling herself. She told Ghost what she wanted, she told Ghost how she felt and he led her to believe that what she wanted was in her grasp; that he was in her grasp. She should have just walked away while she had the chance because her reasoning in the beginning, which she so clearly and vehemently stated, bit her in the ass.

What she refused to accept and refused to let happen happened. It wasn't love. Hell no it wasn't love, but the attraction was there, the want for more was there. There was hope and radiance and happiness. Ghost ripped it away. He played her good....or so she thinks. Ghost got what she gave. She gave a glimpse. She almost gave too much. If the time would have come down to a physical level instead of the constant communication through gadgets and social media she most definitely would have given enough to destroy her. If Ghost would have come into her life at this point physically, he would have killed her inside. Most likely would have damaged her real bad to the point of resentment towards the whole male population; not that she took the whole deceit lightly. She hurt for a while. She even cried for and because of Ghost. It made her think they were actually "something." Although, on some level they really were. She just didn't come into full acceptance of it after his subtle rejection in the act of disappearance.

She let it happen. She let him disappear and she chose to disappear along with him. Two weeks. That's how long he went without trying to talk to her again. She waited it out, almost forgot him. No pictures, no names, no social media, no communication. He started to fade, became a blurred out picture. During those two weeks he became a distant memory. She started to move on, started to heal. She woke from her stupor, she refused to give him the power he knew nothing about. She refused to let him make her feel miserable and took matters in her own hands. She became like him. Cold, hard, and dry. Qualities she's always possessed yet refused to show him because she was afraid to lose him. Now? She could care less what happens. He's not number one on her list anymore, he's not the one that always makes her smile, he's just a ghost and he will fade... like all the rest.



© Copyright 2015 crazy socks (applepie123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2061993-Ghost