*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2062062-Beaten
Rated: 13+ · Other · Experience · #2062062
What's life like beyond the scars? I wouldn't know.
When you try to escape a beating, it only gets worse. The pain your beater puts on you gets stronger and you don't know how to be set free from it. You can't get away because you know if you do they could hurt you even worse and you could be dead. But your not, you are very much alive and you are still breathing but you feel dead, you wish you were dead. I can't describe the times I were beaten because I was never physically beaten but I was emotionally beaten. Words were thrown like swords at me and I had no way to escape, I tried to run but we all know that never works. I tried to escape the cold darkness of what this life could've been if I wasn't beaten, would it be better? Would I even be writing this? I don't know the answer to either one but what I do know is "it's the here and now" the moments we believe we take for granted are most likely the moments we wish we didn't. So stop being emotionally beaten, stop talking yourself down, and stop letting others talk you down because if I've learned anything in my fifteen years of being on this earth, it's you can't take things for granted because soon enough the emotional beating can turn into physically ones.
© Copyright 2015 Constance (whatever11 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2062062-Beaten