*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2062857-Gemma-Monroes-Introduction
Rated: E · Fiction · Other · #2062857
Brief Introduction to Gemma, Minor Character 2
Gemma Monroe’s Introduction


Okay, let’s do this. Come on, I don’t have all day. So. You want to learn a little bit about me. Understandable, I am ridiculously interesting.

I am a successful publisher, living and working in Reading. I gained my BA, then MA Degrees from the University College London. After graduating with Firsts (what else?) I slowly worked my way upward through the ranks of publishing. Age 34, I opened my own publishing company, Monroe Publishers. I was one of the youngest in the country to achieve this on my own. I am incredibly proud of this.

What’s that? My upbringing? You want to hear about that? I fail to see how it’s relevant to this interview. My parents had absolutely nothing to do with my success. I rarely see them these days. It’s better that way. But, if you must know, I grew up in Kingswood, Bristol. My father is a brute and my mother is weak. I detest weakness, especially in women. And that is all you need to know.

I have a little sister called Caitlin. She is three years younger than me and I worry for her constantly. She is married to a beast of a man. Very much like our dear father. Caitlin’s husband hits her, we have all seen the bruises, but she refuses to leave him. I get so angry with her, one of these days he will really hurt her. Of course, I will be left to pick up the pieces. If, indeed, there are any…

But, back to my work. It is my goal to have opened a second branch of Monroe Publishing, the new one being in London. I own a flat in Pimlico that I visit most weekends, so I shall have somewhere to stay whilst I am supervising the set up. I can commute easily between Reading and London. The trick is finding the right property. Once I do, business should be good. I appreciate there is a lot more competition in London, but I thrive on competition. When I come out to play, I always win.

Okay, okay. I think that’s enough for this interview. I have a meeting at 3:15pm and I hate to be late.
© Copyright 2015 Choconut ~ House Targaryen (purplesunday at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2062857-Gemma-Monroes-Introduction