*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2062978-Second-Chance
Rated: 13+ · Documentary · Emotional · #2062978
Entry to 'So Emotional' flash fiction contest
It seems to be the last hope of his fate. Nothing else matters but this, everything he wishes were the pair of this chance. Nothing else matters. If he could have changed the past, he could have sold his soul to pass this moment and be with her forever. But nothing seems to be right always. He could have done differently, and be a happier man now. But what had happened already happened, and this is the path he takes.

Oh, how glad he was when he saw her. She was once again the sun that shines his dimming path. What luck could have brought them back together?

She was always like the sun - bright, young and shining. He doesn’t have the darndest idea how he could even part ways with her.

“I never thought I could see you here,” he mused, a little bewildered.

She just smiled.

He recalled how the conversation went, and then he managed to get her mobile phone number.

"Then, can I see you again?” he asked hopefully at the end of the phone.

Yes. Yes, yes,” she answered falteringly. “Maybe, tomorrow. Tomorrow, noon.”

He looked at his watch. He came early. He couldn’t miss her, not in his life. If he was given another chance, why would he lose it? Tears almost fall from his face, then he has to clear his throat. He was so glad to see her. She seems to be the person he most needed now. He only hopes he didn’t lose her.

He waited for another hour. He was losing hope. He ducked his head over his hands. He was holding himself back, but wasn’t able to stop his tears. He sobbed. His heart was aching so hard, he couldn’t stop himself from crying. He lost her. She’s gone.


Entry - Sadness, 300 words
© Copyright 2015 Clover28 (seth_b at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2062978-Second-Chance