*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2063653-Captain-Luciun
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2063653
Not all ghosts are bad. But most of them are.

Captain Luciun


     That ship was the fastest ship in the water. It was also the oldest one on Montis. The original crew was still on board. But the ship itself no longer sailed in the oceans. Now it was a tourist novelty. People from all over that Sector of Space came to see it.

     “Welcome aboard Captain Luciun’s pirate ship,” said the tour guide Heida. Who was dressed as a pirate.

     Heida started walking through the ship. There were only twenty people on that tour. “Watch your step,” said Heida. “You don’t want to step on any bones. The pirates here wouldn’t like that.”

     They were in the crew’s cabin now. And there was a lot of cobwebs. There were also some of the crew too. Most of them were sleeping. But some were playing some kind of a card game. “Don’t disturb the crew,” said Heida. They wouldn’t like that either.”

     “What would they like?” A young boy about twelve asked.

     “Your blood,” said one of the pirates. Then that pirate laughed. But it sounded more like a cackle.

     The rest of the tour went pretty quickly. There wasn’t much else to see. They also saw the Eating Area and the Captain’s Quarters. But they didn’t see Captain Luciun.

     Heida thanked everyone for coming. And hoped they enjoyed the tour. She was about to escort them off the ship when a little girl, about ten, that time asked, “Why are the ghosts still here?”

     “Because they want to stay,” said Heida. “They can leave any time they want. But they don’t. We don’t know why.”

     As the last of the tour leave the ship Heida takes a quick head count. “The young boy with the question isn’t among them. Oh, no. They took another one.”


The End?


© Copyright 2015 PureSciFi (spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2063653-Captain-Luciun